Quake 2 remake

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: AyashiKaibutsu
Originally posted by: ShawnD1
edit: oh yeah and Quake 2 was better than Quake 1. Why did they make Q1 so you had to hold a button to be able to use the mouse to look around? I had mouse2 bound to "+mlook" and I had to hold that button the entire game. That's total bullsh|t.

For games like that, I always jammed a quarter into my keyboard so the button would stick...

Oh that's even funnier. See previous post. You don't have to hold down the button.

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
I can't do the whole quake I, II, III was better debate. I dig em all.

Quake 1 was insanely fast. dm4, "The bad place" remains one of the craziest deathmatch maps ever made. The single player game (remember the 'elders' zone?) was scary as shit. Face it, in quake 1 when you get hit by a rocket you *know* it. Oomphf.

Quake 2 was different for sure. More open so it felt slower but once you got deathmatch going the speed picked back up. In Quake 2 when you get hit by a railgun, you *know* it. Oomphf.

What made quake 3 was the maps. Tourney5, DM17 "longest yard", Q3DM13 and some others were just great maps. Nice flow, nice balance, fast, fun.

I was playing Quake II's q2dm1, "The Edge" remade in quake 4 over the weekend. Still a fun map. The new graphics don't add a lot to the fun tho. I'm not sure If a remake is needed. Just play the original.