Put Jesus Above Our Blackness’

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
a lot of discussion on these forums about Black people and this case that acquitted Zimmerman....

Is this person in your opinion correct in his beliefs concerning Black people??

personally I don`t think Zimmerman was NOT guilty...yet that is how it played out!!

I do believe mr. Hutcherson has quite a few excellent points!!

http://news.yahoo.com/pastor-ken-hutcherson-speaks-fellow-african-americans-amid-120417593.html

Pastor Ken Hutcherson's story both inspires and captivates audiences. The faith leader, who recently participated in Glenn Beck's "Man in the Moon," has battled terminal cancer for years -- and has had a fascinating journey when it comes to his views on race relations in America. Considering this latter element of his story, Hutcherson is speaking out in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict.

After opening a recent op-ed with a Martin Luther King Jr. quote about speaking the truth, he warned readers that what he was about to say wouldn't be popular, polite or safe -- but that it is, in his view, "right." From there, he dove right in to the tragic Trayvon Martin saga.

"When you have a young black boy who is killed by what some are calling a white Hispanic, and Jackson and Sharpton (of the PPA or the Poverty Pimps of America), and a liberal media involved, you have the equivalent of nitroglycerin," Hutcherson wrote. "Oh by the way, I never heard of 'white Hispanic' before but I guess this fits the bill in this case. This incident only needed someone to light the fuse. Why is this true because black people are involved?"

The preacher went on to state his agreement with some of Dr. James Manning's sentiments surrounding George Zimmerman and the Martin case. As you may recall, Manning delivered a controversial message proclaiming that African Americans are viewing the world -- and the Martin case -- through their "black eyes" and that they need to start looking, instead, through the "blood of Jesus."

Hutcherson continued:

I believe Dr. James Manning hit it on the head when he said that black people have a difficult time accepting truth simply because they are black. That's right, black people are involved and it is impossible for the average black person to believe the truth. They refuse to believe that a black boy could be in the wrong when it comes to a white Hispanic. Blackness is the apex of victimhood and our blackness is above truth, above our Christianity, above our God, above our Holy Spirit, so that means if our blackness is above the Holy Spirit, then it is above Truth. This is so important for everyone to know this so they can understand why this Trayvon and Zimmerman case is where it is today and why blacks refuse to believe what really happened.

The preacher, who also highlighted the actual events that he believes might have taken place between Zimmerman and Martin, went on to say that African Americans need to "put Jesus above our blackness" if they want to be the "great people" that they truly are. Hutcherson also implored African Americans to take action, to help promote change and to alter the conversation about racism in America.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Yet another Black thread.

Not sure why he is making a connection between the Holy Spirit and the TM case. We are not all Christians and it is not our duty to put something else before ourselves...especially if we are talking about a higher power that someone else believes in.

He lost me at agreeing with Dr. Manning about that "blood of Jesus" crap. Really?

But maybe he's right, I just disagree because I'm black and looking at this through my black eyes...

But again, more fuel for P&N's "Whats wrong with Black people" fire.

Last edited:

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
But again, more fuel for P&N's "Whats wrong with Black people" fire.

Please, couldn't you tell that the conservatards here have never exhibited anything but a completely insular white perspective? Their output is predicable.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Black people are pretty religious so I'm not sure where this is going. It's more cultrual I live in the country and there are black rough necks and farmers around here who think Zimmerman was taking out the trash and I don't notice any more or less religion from them and inner city blacks. I could take you to Boyington OK and surrounding area which is like 99% black ranchers and farmers and guys like Sharpton are laughed at. I think it has more to do with they are living the american dream others aint than religion.

Last edited:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Please, couldn't you tell that the conservatards here have never exhibited anything but a completely insular white perspective? Their output is predicable.
Actually, most Black people are conservative because they favor union over liberty (they supported the Far-Right Federalist Party rather than the Jeffersonian Republicans)... that is, white people used to be the liberals (jeffersonians) and blacks the conservatives (Hamiltonians), but FDR changed it.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Whats interesting and sad is that the community here on these forums most likely did not read the article....

Instead they jumped on the anti religion band wagon instead of accepting the article for what it is.....a very well written opinion piece.

No where in the article does it push religion for the sake of religion.
Yet it hits right on the head the problems that Black people have in America when it comes to one of their own being accused of as crime...

What is wrong with looking at things from a different perspective if it helps you to see the truth in a different light?

We are not talking any truth that has to do with religion...this article was never about religion per say.....

Those who do not believe at all all in religion or a God that is fine.....

Yet to dismiss this article because it happens to be by a preach is sheer ignorance.

Have a nice day -- oh -- May a God Bless You all!!!!

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sheesh. I was being facetious. Of course they can talk about truths, even most of the time. I understand why black people are, generally speaking, quite religious, since it was integral to the civil rights movement and it's one of the few "positive" things that a lot of them have, unfortunately. Poor black people :(

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This young black boy was 17 and over 6 feet tall. He was a bully that tried to beat a man to death. He was just a violent criminal that was shot by his victim. This is the end of all violent criminals. This is what we need to learn as a society. Violence can end a life but it will not solve your problems.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Sheesh. I was being facetious. Of course they can talk about truths, even most of the time. I understand why black people are, generally speaking, quite religious, since it was integral to the civil rights movement and it's one of the few "positive" things that a lot of them have, unfortunately. Poor black people
:thumbsup:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Might as well make everyone irked :p

You might not like the talk of Jesus, but the principles embodied in the story of the Good Samaritan are better than most things being sold by others. One could do far worse than understand the story and apply it over one's race or loathing of others unlike yourself.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
As Frank Zappa says at one point in the song "Trouble Coming Everyday", "I'm not black
, but there's times I wish I could say I'm not white"!

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
As Frank Zappa says at one point in the song "Trouble Coming Everyday", "I'm not black
, but there's times I wish I could say I'm not white"!

I don't really get that at all. It's pretty advantageous to be white in a majority white nation. Was Frank Zappa a reverse racist?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I don't really get that at all. It's pretty advantageous to be white in a majority white nation. Was Frank Zappa a reverse racist?

No FZ was not a reversed racist whatever that is. Think about your second sentence though. There are people running around trying to imply thats a myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.