purple royal seat cushion $65

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
Edit: usandthem mentioned sam's club sells a purple seat cushion. It doesn't appear to be sold elsewhere and probably falls halfway between the portable (~$40) and double (~$100). $35 17.5"x15.75"x1.5"
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/purple-seat-cushion/prod22210663.ip

-----
Supposedly good for people that sit for long periods of time and have back/butt pain.

This is the royal version which is ~18x16x2. supposed to be good for heavier/larger people in comparison to the thinner/smaller versions. $65.
https://www.macys.com/shop/product/the-royal-purple-seat-cushion?ID=7272377

Note: do not leave on seat in hot vehicles, as product may be damaged at temperatures greater than 105F, manufacturer suggests stowing below seats.

camelcamelcamel doesn't list a lower price on this, though the miracle supreme version (supposedly the same manufacturer as purple) has been cheaper (~$45) once in 2014. Normally priced at ~$80.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Interesting. I bought a set of four set cushions from walmart.com, for like $15. They work OK, but after around two weeks, they were getting a little "deflated". (I weigh 400 lbs.) I've still got two more "fresh" unused ones, but I've doubled-up the two that were deflated, and I fear, even with two, that they will get even more deflated. They are micro-suede covering polyfill. They also don't cover the entire seat, seems as though they were meant for most wooden chairs?

Anyways, I'm always on the lookout for something better, even if I have to buy a new set of four every four months.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I clicked on your link, then I clicked "add to bag", after copying the code "SHOP", but then it said, "a technical error occurred".

Edit: Had to disable UBlock Origin, to use their cart. I added to cart again, selected "Check out", added promo code, clicked "Paypal", typed in my info, went back to Macy's site, showed address, clicked "Next", then clicked "Submit order", then it went to a blank page, with a CARTID, and a "Chat online", and an 800 number. Did my online order go through, or not? Hmm. :(

That seat cushion looks really solid though, better than polyfill cushions. When they said it was for long-haul truckers, among others, I was sold. That's serious utility right there!

Edit: Paypal sent me an e-mail, but none from macys.com yet. I wonder if the transaction went through or not. There's a Paypal authorization, but no order number yet.

Edit: Just checked my e-mail, I DID finally get an e-mail order confirmation from Macy's. Maybe they were just overloaded when I initially ordered, or they were waiting for my Paypal to clear.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Hmm, still no confirmation e-mail, must not have gone through for some reason. This was my first macys.com purchase. Think that they wanted to voice-verify or something? Weird, never had issues with Paypal at other sites.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
It looks like Bed Bath and Beyond carries it as well. If anyone keeps all the 20% off coupons they send in the mail, it should come out to around the same price ($64). Plus, my local stores stock it, so it can be picked up in store.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I just got my cushion this morning and installed it. (UPS guy actually woke me up.)

Pretty Niiiiiiice. Came double-boxed, the inner box had a transparent top window, you could see the rubber-ish soft purple mesh support, and underneath, once you open it, is a black cover that zips open, that you put your purple royal into. The bumpy-side goes down, apparently. (Non-slip surface.)

Works pretty well thus far. I'll try to follow up in a couple of weeks and a month, to see if it compresses / bends / wears down. I have good hope for this one, hope it lasts a year or even several for me.

Reactions: UsandThem

nisryus

Sep 11, 2007
I wonder if this is better than those Egg Sitter cushion I saw on Amazon. Those claimed to be good for your back as well. How soft is it?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I wonder if this is better than those Egg Sitter cushion I saw on Amazon. Those claimed to be good for your back as well. How soft is it?

They have them on display at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and they are very soft. There's even another gel cushion that they sell there for I think $30, and it doesn't come close to this one. It's pricey, but it is really nice.

Reactions: fralexandr

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
"The internet hates him, and I didn't think it could possibly true until I tried it myself!" :p

Seriously though, I went shopping at Sam's Club tonight, and they had this Purple cushion for $34.99. I'm not sure if it's clearance, or if the price is regional, so your mileage may vary. It wasn't tagged like it was on sale or had an instant rebate.

That being said, I picked another one up. :)

Reactions: fralexandr

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
"The internet hates him, and I didn't think it could possibly true until I tried it myself!" :p

Seriously though, I went shopping at Sam's Club tonight, and they had this Purple cushion for $34.99. I'm not sure if it's clearance, or if the price is regional, so your mileage may vary. It wasn't tagged like it was on sale or had an instant rebate.

That being said, I picked another one up. :)

o_O looks like a custom one that's Sam's Club only? Somewhere between the portable (typically ~$40) and double (typically ~$100).

Last edited:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
o_O looks like a custom one that's Sam's Club only? Somewhere between the portable (typically ~$40) and double (typically ~$100).

Major derp! on my part :flushed:

Good catch, I totally missed that. I just saw the price and bought it without really looking that close at it.

Yeah, so this one's about 1/2" thinner, and uses a different pattern (the normal version is a honeycomb design).

That said, it's still pretty dang comfortable for anyone who wants one, but doesn't want to spend that much on the original.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I'll try to follow up in a couple of weeks and a month
Still going pretty good for me. Occasionally, but rarely, my G.M. may get a little cramped, and I have to scoot around a tiny bit on the seat cushion, but overall, I think that it was worth it. Will follow up at the end of Jan, may unzip the cover, to see if the space-age material has degraded or deformed at all due to my weight.