Pumpkin carvin, with a .22lr rifle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Originally posted by: ZOXXO
Tried that with a <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/ZOXXO/460melon.gif">watermelon and a .460 Magnum.
</a>

Didn't work so well.:laugh:

You should see what a .460 S&W does to a cougar or a coyote. Only one word to describe it - awesome. :D

I bought my .460 primarily as a cougar hunting pistol, so far it has bagged two of them.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: Rumpltzer
Hi OP,

Your profile says you're in CA. Where exactly was this done? I'm wondering if my neighbors and the LAPD would notice much if I was putting 100 .22 rounds into a pumpkin?

Thanks!

I use the powers of a Warlock to keep from alarming my neighbors. ;)

only the best can around for the application :) ever any issues?

JDMnAR1

Lifer
May 12, 2003
Tried that with a <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/ZOXXO/460melon.gif">watermelon and a .460 Magnum.
</a>

You get roughly the same effect with a 7mm magnum and an armadillo, just FYI. :)

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Originally posted by: upsciLLion
The real fun begins when pumpkins go on sale after Halloween. ;)
I wish. My range says no pumpkins or watermelons, any time of year.
Apples and oranges are OK though.

I'd like to see what a hollow-point 22 does to a Big Red Delicious.

we have some small apple trees that produce small green apples (no idea what they are).

.22 hp doen't really do much to them.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Nice work! Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer gets his gun. lol

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
</a>

lol nice :p

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Kelvrick

For those of you who wants guns, you can start out pretty cheaply. A .22lr rifle can range anywhere from the low end of a used one for 50 to 200 for a brand new remington, ruger or marlin on up for bigger budgets.

Ammo is cheap at like 2-5 bucks per hundred.

I have a rather nice .22lr lever action that I like. It wasn't expensive, but it wasn't overly cheap, either.

What I REALLY want is a nice over-under duck/skeet shotgun, but those are big $$$$. :(

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Wow, it actually looks scarier that way than using a knife.

I wouldn't f**k around going to that guys house trick or treating.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Eh, the exit wounds aren't that impressive. Maybe a 223 would've produced a better effect. Or try it with a full pumpkin, that's bound to blow out the back end pretty well.

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Raduque

For those of you who wants guns, you can start out pretty cheaply. A .22lr rifle can range anywhere from the low end of a used one for 50 to 200 for a brand new remington, ruger or marlin on up for bigger budgets.

I have a rather nice .22lr lever action that I like. It wasn't expensive, but it wasn't overly cheap, either.

What I REALLY want is a nice over-under duck/skeet shotgun, but those are big $$$$. :(

Henry lever .22?

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Regs
Wow, it actually looks scarier that way than using a knife.

I wouldn't f**k around going to that guys house trick or treating.

..that's what I was thinking. looks like something's wrong.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..anybody that think's a .22 can't cause lethal damage need only look at this.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Originally posted by: upsciLLion
Originally posted by: Raduque

Henry lever .22?

I want to say yes. It's still buried in my closet and I haven't had time to dig it out since I moved.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: IGBT
..anybody that think's a .22 can't cause lethal damage need only look at this.

Well, keep in mind the Pumpkin was standing still, and that he was aiming at trying to shoot almost precisely--also it is a pumpkin.