Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting: not-so-independant former generals as pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Glenn Greewald wrote a column about the media's handling of the Pultzier Prize for investigate reporting. It's an example of 'real' media bias - for themselves.

The Prize was awarded for a NY Times story exposing that the constant use of 'former senior military officials' as purportedly 'independant' commentators to credibly make the case for the Iraq war, were regularly connected without disclosure to the Pentagon working with them on the message to deliver, and/or connections to defense contractors.

The story attacked the media for its use of them without disclosure in this manner.

So, awkward, how to report the Pulitzer Prize that criticzed them?

Oh, go out of their way *not to say a word about it* when reporting the Pulitzers. On any of the networks who were attacked.

Greenwald makes the case very well, as always, against them here.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Great story. Too bad our "liberal" media won't cover it.
And General Barry McCaffrey, what a POS. I hope the Obama administration cleans house of these corrupt old military types.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Thanks for the replies. I wrote NBC News about Williams. I wrote the Daily Show as well suggesting Stewart treat him less like his buddy and more like Tucker Carlson.

Status
Not open for further replies.