Public displays of affection. Grossed out!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

saben107

Oct 26, 2002
Originally posted by: baffled2
Originally posted by: saben107
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
Originally posted by: baffled2
Better that than some fat dweeb farting in the seat next to you while you're trying to enjoy LOTR :)

hehehe yeah, i guess that would be better. but i tend to give them a look and then i run away...its just funny.

:)

I'm not fat, but when some couple is getting it on next to me in a movie theater I cut the loudest fart I can. If I'm lucky it's a smelly one. Not only do they quit making out, but they leave the theater.

that's so funny. hehehe but a very good idea
i wish i could fart like that in public.

Rotflol !! now there's a worthy life goal to work towards !!!

Psssttt... don't tell anybody but I can cut such a good one that they call me "The Ripper" if I'm in the mood :D

of course, now i know how to get rid of people when i don't like them..
:)

and this couple is still at it...so sweet

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
Originally posted by: LOLyourFace
I'm not fat, but when some couple is getting it on next to me in a movie theater I cut the loudest fart I can. If I'm lucky it's a smelly one

yes you are fat. explain this pic u sent me last night.

EWWWW!!!! that is gross. grosser than the couple right next to me..

them? I know the guy. he lives on my building.. pretty good at ping pong.. but yea.. their PDA is startin to bug me

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
I'm not fat, but when some couple is getting it on next to me in a movie theater I cut the loudest fart I can. If I'm lucky it's a smelly one

I didn't send you that pic, you stole it from my dresser after making mad passionate love. You swore you would love me forever and never do anything to hurt me. I'm devastated.

saben107

Oct 26, 2002

I didn't send you that pic, you stole it from my dresser after making mad passionate love. You swore you would love me forever and never do anything to hurt me. I'm devastated.

always keep an eye on the one that proclaims love...they are the most dangerous ones...that's why he has your beautiful pic. ;)

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001

always keep an eye on the one that proclaims love...they are the most dangerous ones...that's why he has your beautiful pic. ;)

Thank you for your sympathy. I feel like I've been violated.

Aceshigh

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2002
I think public displays of affection are cool. I can't understand the uptight attitude that so many people over here have. When I visited France, Portugal, and Italy it was very refreshing to see people who weren't ashamed to express their affection for each other wherever they happened to be.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
on one hand i think its a beautiful display of love and kindness, on the other hand it makes me bitter because i'm currently single :)

saben107

Oct 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Aceshigh
I think public displays of affection are cool. I can't understand the uptight attitude that so many people over here have. When I visited France, Portugal, and Italy it was very refreshing to see people who weren't ashamed to express their affection for each other wherever they happened to be.

in a way you are right, but there is a time when it gets overboard and it makes me twitch.

xuanman

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2002
i've got no problems with pda...when you're feeling affectionate for your special someone, you just can't help it.

Grasshopper27

Banned
Sep 11, 2002
We show affection all the time... I have no problem kissing her in front of other people. Of course, there is a difference between "kissing" and "kissing. ;)

Sometimes a look can be the sexiest thing on Earth, sometimes just the way we hold hands, or the way I have my arm around her...

Sigh...

Purr...

Grasshopper

Sealy

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2002
Well I look at the PDA and just sit and reminisce of a time that once was...oh sorry, um no it does'nt bother me!

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Aceshigh
I agree with Aceshigh...I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I don't know why people are so uptight about it...
I'm single and I still think it's sweet when two people are in love and show it.

I think that this theory is the reason most people hate is so much:
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
on one hand i think its a beautiful display of love and kindness, on the other hand it makes me bitter because i'm currently single :)
At least he's honest enough to admit it ;)
I think it just makes a lot of people bitter.

A great number of people say they hate PDAs but it seems that quite a few of them want to partake in them themselves.

*shrugs*

saben107

Oct 26, 2002
what if the pda was attached with lots of whining? constant and annoying whining cause she wants more affection?

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
what if the pda was attached with lots of whining? constant and annoying whining cause she wants more affection?

Whining in general pisses me off.
I don't care what the source of the whining is.

Sundog

Lifer
Nov 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Noriaki

Whining in general pisses me off.
I don't care what the source of the whining is.

Ditto

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Have no problem with it.

My girlfriend and I are guilty. Although we tone it down if there is anybody nearby.

kherman

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2002
Who finds it gross or feels weird when there's a couple making out or doing the kissy thing right next to you? They don't even know that you're there and they're all feeling up on each other and whispering to each other. EWWWWW!!!!! :disgust: They have no consideration for people that are nearby. Do you think that's rude or is it appropriate for you to rub one another's backs and show skin and all that other stuff?

I get grossed out when i see it around and i tend to make fun of them and make sounds to remind them that i'm still sitting right there. and if they don't stop, i run. hehehe

How do you feel about public displays of affection (PDA)?

Tell them to get a room. This usually happened to me when I was hammered inthe past, so I would just play the role of "THE D!CK"

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
PDA.. this is my take on it.

It's rude when others do it
It's fun when I do it with my gf..

a paradox..

That's not a paradox, that's hypocritical.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Jellomancer
Who cares? Seriously? I didn't care when the people were having sex in the movie theatre. It was funny. Don't be so uptight.

Glad I didn't offend u then

I don't care about PDAs. If I don't like it I'd st^b them

DeafeningSilence

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2002
I agree with Aceshigh...I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I don't know why people are so uptight about it...
I'm single and I still think it's sweet when two people are in love and show it.
I've got no problem with people showing their love for each other.

The problem is that too many people are showing their lust for each other, not their love. That's when it crosses the line for me.

saben107

Oct 26, 2002
Originally posted by: DeafeningSilence
I've got no problem with people showing their love for each other.

The problem is that too many people are showing their lust for each other, not their love. That's when it crosses the line for me.

exactly...they make it uncomfortable and i just want to point and laugh...and i hate the whining