PUBG : Cheat or no cheat

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So, I got a couple(cough) of hours on PUBG, however the experience has gotten harder and harder, I seem to be one of the only players that has not improved at the same "rate" as other players... Anyway, cheating is a massive issue in PUBG and I would like to get your take on this vid.
Watch the 2 second piece 10 times minimum,

What is that?

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
The part where he shoots the guy that goes out the window? That's not cheating. The thing about PUBG though is everything feels like cheating because most people are. You never really know if the person who killed you was legit and that leads to uninstalling.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The part where he shoots the guy that goes out the window? That's not cheating. The thing about PUBG though is everything feels like cheating because most people are. You never really know if the person who killed you was legit and that leads to uninstalling.
You see the "go back to center" action there?

Printed Circuit Bro

Jan 21, 2020
You see the "go back to center" action there?

I have experience in competitive FPS video games including training new players.

That looks to me like his mouse sensitivity is slightly too high and he's over compensating for an anticipated dodge. It happens all the time. It's one of the first thing I teach new team members, though most people who make the team already know these simple things. Disable mouse acceleration, set sensitivity exactly in the middle in Windows, then adjust mouse sensitivity in-game, then adjust DPI to about 600-800. Then as you play, refine in-game and mouse sensitivity little by little to dial it in.

It's entirely possible that the sway you see is nothing more than a slight over compensation for an anticipated dodge that the victim never enacts.

Reactions: cytg111

Paperlantern

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2003
I have PUBG and while it is one of my least fav and therefore least PLAYED games, I've still put thousands of hours into FPS games and seeing that does not trip any cheater alarms for me. Just my two cents.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I have experience in competitive FPS video games including training new players.

That looks to me like his mouse sensitivity is slightly too high and he's over compensating for an anticipated dodge. It happens all the time. It's one of the first thing I teach new team members, though most people who make the team already know these simple things. Disable mouse acceleration, set sensitivity exactly in the middle in Windows, then adjust mouse sensitivity in-game, then adjust DPI to about 600-800. Then as you play, refine in-game and mouse sensitivity little by little to dial it in.

It's entirely possible that the sway you see is nothing more than a slight over compensation for an anticipated dodge that the victim never enacts.

Wait so that $2k I spent on a GPU isn’t helping but turning off mouse acceleration will?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
lol

I’m actually starting to think by your comments that by having a huge monitor is a disadvantage.
I have found, noweind you I was a gamer for quite a long time, mainly Quake and Unreal Tournament.....but I found that a huge monitor is of no consequence if the refresh rate is slow!
Here is a link --

Reactions: paperfist

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I have found, noweind you I was a gamer for quite a long time, mainly Quake and Unreal Tournament.....but I found that a huge monitor is of no consequence if the refresh rate is slow!
Here is a link --

I also played those games, I was never great but decent. The old Medal of Honor I excelled at. I never messed with my setting then, well maybe smaller resolution. I know I'm older, but I suck at BF xxxx and CoD makes me cry. So I'm gonna try your tips :)

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Now don`t get me wrong, everything works together, but a good video card and a good CPU.....but not souch and a good monitor will work wonders, yet in the end skill always trumps everything!!