Psycho Soccer Mom

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

d3n

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2004
Great thread!

I think the most telling thing is the line

'So I'm in line ordering when the person behind me starts BITCHING orders at the staff. Rude as hell. I turn around a little, and behold, it's the witch from the Honda Pilot.'

In my mind a mark of how decent a person you are is how well you treat those beneath you, or in this case those serving your order. This is one unattractive lady. Queen of the harpies ugly.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Hehe... right before I turned around I thought to myself "wow... when it rains it pours".

scrawnypaleguy

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2005
:thumbsup:

great story

d3n is right too. If you want to see what kind of a person someone is, look at how they treat their inferiors. This lady = douchebag and deserved everything she got.

acole1

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2005
Wow... very nice!

Stupid and angry women drivers piss me teh fvck off. They think they are safe and can get away with anything when they are in their mini-tanks!

Hopefully she will remember this incident next time she decides to take over the road and pull off for a few min to calm down.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: michaels
Imagine the hell her poor husband must endure.

I never thought about this aspect. Now that I have, though, I smile a little inside.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Nice! My recent road rage was to follow a twerp from Duke into the Whole Foods parking lot and let him know I was not happy that he almost hit me and that we tried to drive around me because I was stopping for pedestrians in the crosswalk (which they have the right of way here in town). He almost hit them too.

He ran into the store where the cop on patrol told me he saw the whole thing and decided to talk to the young lad himself.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
for some people driving is like surfing the internet....

they get all brave behind the wheel/computer their e-penis is huge....but once they step out the car or away from their computers and face the real world they revert back to their spineless sniveling selves

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Your spine isn't much stronger then hers. You should have yelled at her and put her in her place, instead of being some polite asshole.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: jbourne77
So I'm heading off to Chipotle and I'm behind a Honda Pilot whose driver obviously has no f'ing idea where they've been, where they're going, or how in blue hell they're gonna get there.

She's driving VERY erratically: no turn signals, quick jerks from one lane to another, etc. Three times I try to pass her (2-lane road in huge mall complex) after she moves to the inside lane, and three times she runs me off the road when she jerks back over. I've mellowed quite a bit over the years as far as road rage goes (no one's perfect, including myself - believe it or not) and I don't even so much as honk at her.

So I park my car after she careens into some other section of the parking lot (where there were apparently no spaces available). I pulled too far into my space by about 3 feet (so the nose of my car was in the space across from me). I put 'er into reverse and slowly back up a few feet when I hear this horn blasting at me. I turn around and it's the same damn Honda Pilot that's literally inches from my car. She's mouthing obscenities and waving her arms all about. She then drives past me and parks about 4 spots down. Shocked, I just look at her. I'm sure she thought I was pulling out in front of her, but had she not been driving 45mph through the parking lot, it would have been totally inconsequential. Mind you, the rear of my car *never* left the parking space and *never* protruded out into the driving lane.

So I'm pretty pissed at this point, given our "history", so I linger for a few seconds after I exit my vehicle, but she just sits in her car pretending to be preoccupied.

Whatever... I make my way to Chipotle.

So I'm in line ordering when the person behind me starts BITCHING orders at the staff. Rude as hell. I turn around a little, and behold, it's the witch from the Honda Pilot.

With the widest smirk physically possible, I turn all the way around:

"What's up?"

- she looks at me, realizes I'm *that* guy, and looks the other way -

"I think I recognize you from somewhere... I think I've seen you before... very, very recently."

- silence -

She won't even look at me.

"Oh well... my mind is a bit hazy right now. You see, I was nearly run off the road THREE TIMES on my way here, and then that very same person blew one of my eardrums out while I was straightening out my car; I guess I severely wronged them somehow. So anyway, I'm still trying to regain my bearings. Good day!"

- silence, no acknowledgement -

I get my food - which was to-go - and make my way back to my car. I'm pulling out of the parking lot (which goes by Chipotle again). It so happens that she was exiting just as I went by.

This lady proceeds to flip me the bird every which way possible. I think she had 3 middle fingers.

I gave her a nice big grin, and as I drove by her where she was standing on the sidewalk, and I returned the horn blast.

I don't get a kick out of confrontations... but if you don't have the spine to tell someone what you think when you're face to face, then don't expect to be taken too kseriously any other time.

I'm sure I'll be flamed for beating up on some poor woman, but that's to be expected.

You did the right thing.

You're like the Lorax expect instead of speaking for the trees, you speak for all of us who put up with crazy drivers.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
You are a much nicer person than I....

I would have made her cry.

LOL

Honestly, at first I was just shocked at her attitude (mainly when she was honking and swearing at me). It took me a second to figure out what I possibly could have done to warrant such hostility. Combine that with the fact that she had already earned the Worst Driver of the Day award, I was beside myself. She's honking at me? Am I on camera? Surely no one is this stupid.

I *really* wanted to ask her what the hell her problem was when I stepped out of my car, but I thought better of it and knew nothing good could come from that (and no, I don't get my jollies out of berrating women). But when we were in Chipotle and she was being the same bitch to these poor workers behind the counter that she had been to me, it was simply too hard to resist. Instead of being nasty, I tried to give her all the opportunity in the world to tell me what was on her mind.

As I was walking back to my car, I figured that her silence was probably just the result of her embarrassment. Could it be that maybe she possessed a small amount of humility after all? Well, that notion was dashed as soon as the situation was impersonal again (when we were no longer in verbal proximity to one another).

Whoever said "passive aggressive" probably hit the nail on the head. They're pretty damn confident when they feel invulnerable. That sense of invulnerability can stem from the anonymity of being in a moving vehicle or from being a customer in a restaurant. But when confronted with the personal side of the very confrontation they created in the first place, they fold like a paper bag.

Anyway, she was truly a piece of work.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: randay
Your spine isn't much stronger then hers. You should have yelled at her and put her in her place, instead of being some polite asshole.

Well, one of the thoughts than ran by me when I was standing there beside my car was how it would look to others: A guy standing outside waiting for a woman to get out of her car so he could yell at her. Honestly, I became a little disgusted with myself and that's when I decided to just get on with things. As I said, no good could have come from that.

Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
for some people driving is like surfing the internet....

they get all brave behind the wheel/computer their e-penis is huge....but once they step out the car or away from their computers and face the real world they revert back to their spineless sniveling selves

My thoughts exactly!

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: jbourne77
As I said, no good could have come from that.

Actually there could have been some good. Like you might have made her realise what a complete and utter moron/tard she was being and straighten her out, thus saving her from one day plowing her Honda Pilot straight into some building or something.

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Andy22
Just curious what made her a soccer mom? Because she was female drove an SUV?
Yes. What qualifies someone as a soccer mom? They're female and drive an SUV... and they drive like crap.