Psycho Soccer Mom

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
So I'm heading off to Chipotle and I'm behind a Honda Pilot whose driver obviously has no f'ing idea where they've been, where they're going, or how in blue hell they're gonna get there.

She's driving VERY erratically: no turn signals, quick jerks from one lane to another, etc. Three times I try to pass her (2-lane road in huge mall complex) after she moves to the inside lane, and three times she runs me off the road when she jerks back over. I've mellowed quite a bit over the years as far as road rage goes (no one's perfect, including myself - believe it or not) and I don't even so much as honk at her.

So I park my car after she careens into some other section of the parking lot (where there were apparently no spaces available). I pulled too far into my space by about 3 feet (so the nose of my car was in the space across from me). I put 'er into reverse and slowly back up a few feet when I hear this horn blasting at me. I turn around and it's the same damn Honda Pilot that's literally inches from my car. She's mouthing obscenities and waving her arms all about. She then drives past me and parks about 4 spots down. Shocked, I just look at her. I'm sure she thought I was pulling out in front of her, but had she not been driving 45mph through the parking lot, it would have been totally inconsequential. Mind you, the rear of my car *never* left the parking space and *never* protruded out into the driving lane.

So I'm pretty pissed at this point, given our "history", so I linger for a few seconds after I exit my vehicle, but she just sits in her car pretending to be preoccupied.

Whatever... I make my way to Chipotle.

So I'm in line ordering when the person behind me starts BITCHING orders at the staff. Rude as hell. I turn around a little, and behold, it's the witch from the Honda Pilot.

With the widest smirk physically possible, I turn all the way around:

"What's up?"

- she looks at me, realizes I'm *that* guy, and looks the other way -

"I think I recognize you from somewhere... I think I've seen you before... very, very recently."

- silence -

She won't even look at me.

"Oh well... my mind is a bit hazy right now. You see, I was nearly run off the road THREE TIMES on my way here, and then that very same person blew one of my eardrums out while I was straightening out my car; I guess I severely wronged them somehow. So anyway, I'm still trying to regain my bearings. Good day!"

- silence, no acknowledgement -

I get my food - which was to-go - and make my way back to my car. I'm pulling out of the parking lot (which goes by Chipotle again). It so happens that she was exiting just as I went by.

This lady proceeds to flip me the bird every which way possible. I think she had 3 middle fingers.

I gave her a nice big grin, and as I drove by her where she was standing on the sidewalk, and I returned the horn blast.

I don't get a kick out of confrontations... but if you don't have the spine to tell someone what you think when you're face to face, then don't expect to be taken too kseriously any other time.

I'm sure I'll be flamed for beating up on some poor woman, but that's to be expected.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I don't get a kick out of confrontations... but if you don't have the spine to tell someone what you think when you're face to face, then don't expect to be taken too kseriously any other time.

Yes, they should definitely just rant on a message board instead.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Syringer

I guess you didn't read and/or comprehend the whole post. Also to be expected, though.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003

Clearly you read and comprehended his entire post.

edit: wow... two minutes too late there :p

Andy22

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2001
Just curious what made her a soccer mom? Because she was female drove an SUV?

Generalize much?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: jbourne77
So I'm heading off to Chipotle and I'm behind a Honda Pilot whose driver obviously has no f'ing idea where they've been, where they're going, or how in blue hell they're gonna get there.

She's driving VERY erratically: no turn signals, quick jerks from one lane to another, etc. Three times I try to pass her (2-lane road in huge mall complex) after she moves to the inside lane, and three times she runs me off the road when she jerks back over. I've mellowed quite a bit over the years as far as road rage goes (no one's perfect, including myself - believe it or not) and I don't even so much as honk at her.

So I park my car after she careens into some other section of the parking lot (where there were apparently no spaces available). I pulled too far into my space by about 3 feet (so the nose of my car was in the space across from me). I put 'er into reverse and slowly back up a few feet when I hear this horn blasting at me. I turn around and it's the same damn Honda Pilot that's literally inches from my car. She's mouthing obscenities and waving her arms all about. She then drives past me and parks about 4 spots down. Shocked, I just look at her. I'm sure she thought I was pulling out in front of her, but had she not been driving 45mph through the parking lot, it would have been totally inconsequential. Mind you, the rear of my car *never* left the parking space and *never* protruded out into the driving lane.

So I'm pretty pissed at this point, given our "history", so I linger for a few seconds after I exit my vehicle, but she just sits in her car pretending to be preoccupied.

So I'm in line ordering when the person behind me starts BITCHING orders at the staff. Rude as hell. I turn around a little, and behold, it's the witch from the Honda Pilot.

"What's up?"

"I think I recognize you from somewhere... I think I've seen you before... very, very recently."

- silence -

"Oh well... my mind is a bit hazy right now. You see, I was nearly run off the road THREE TIMES on my way here, and then that very same person blew one of my eardrums out while I was straightening out my car; I guess I severely wronged them somehow. So anyway, I'm still trying to regain my bearings. Good day!"

I get my food - which was to-go - and make my way back to my car. I'm pulling out of the parking lot (which goes by Chipotle again). It so happens that she was exiting just as I went by.

This lady proceeds to flip me the bird every which way possible. I think she had 3 middle fingers.

I gave her a nice big grin, and as I drove by her where she was standing on the sidewalk, and I returned the horn blast.

I'm sure I'll be flamed for beating up on some poor woman, but that's to be expected.

I agree ranting on a message board builds intestinal fortitude!!!

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: rivan

Clearly you read and comprehended his entire post.

edit: wow... two minutes too late there :p

:D

Originally posted by: Andy22

Generalize much?

Yes and yes. Though through determination and the proper amount of therapy, you'll probably manage to get over it.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

"What's up?"

- silence -

I agree ranting on a message board builds intestinal fortitude!!!

I've highlighted the appropriate section for the retarded amongst us.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001

Generalize much?

In North American social, cultural and political discourse, soccer mom (and less used soccer dad for the male equivalent) refers broadly to a demographic group of women with school-age children. In general, the term "soccer mom" refers to the concept of American post-feminist motherhood as an amalgam of traditional domestic values with modern feminism (1960s-1980s), and is associated with modern material conveniences such as the SUV and cell phone. A soccer mom is typically imagined as upper middle class, probably college-educated, most often suburban or exurban, and typically white.

The "soccer mom" typically indicates a single income family, where the husband works while the wife is a homemaker. Since the 1980s, two incomes are widely considered to be "requirement" of the typical working class family in the U.S., and in this context single incomes symbolize both affluence and a disconnect from the working and lower middle classes.

from wikipedia

So yeah, his generalization almost fits. It indicates a woman of a certain age, racial, and socioeconomic group. He is speculating about the kids thing, and could be wrong, but he also picked out the vehicle which is the biggest implication of the term soccer mom, generally.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

I guess you didn't read and/or comprehend the whole post. Also to be expected, though.

I read the whole thing and basically what I got out of it was .."I'm bragging about pwning an old woman to my internet friends! epenis++;" Maybe she saw you and felt bad enough about you that she didn't want to say anything?

But don't let me ruin your moment in the light :)

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: So
So yeah, his generalization almost fits. It indicates a woman of a certain age, racial, and socioeconomic group. He is speculating about the kids thing, and could be wrong, but he also picked out the vehicle which is the biggest implication of the term soccer mom, generally.

One can only pray.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

I read the whole thing and basically what I got out of it was .."I'm bragging about pwning an old woman to my internet friends! epenis++;" Maybe she saw you and felt bad enough about you that she didn't want to say anything?

But don't let me ruin your moment in the light :)

It's okay. With people like you, it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. S'all good ;) . I guess if it's a woman, you're supposed to just lay down and take it. I wasn't a dick (until the horn honk)... I just wanted to give her an opportunity to tell me what was on her mind.

So predictable ;)

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000

Generalize much?

If you toss in her being an unsafe driver, then

IIRC that is the definition of soccer mom

Cookie

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
In the old days we simply called that type a 'bitch'.

Before lately I always thought Soccer Mom was a positive term... because your kids are outside running around getting excercise, instead of getting fat on the couch watching TV. And because you, as a mom, are there to support teamwork, growth, excercise etc.
Too bad it has become such a derogatory label. Especially outside of the context of Soccer AND Mothers, such as this story. (Funny story btw).

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: AMDMaddness
Great story! I would have parked behind her Pilot for a while and blocked her heh.

Hahah yeah... Popped open the hood, said it just died and you called the tow truck already, then sit for 20 mins and drive off :laugh:

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Too bad there wasn't a large puddle of water there.

Funny story, thanks for sharing :)

BobDaMenkey

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2005
Thanks for sharing the story man :) Gotta love people who are passive agressive like that. Shows them for the true pieces of scum that they really are.