PSA: Your ring tone is NOT cool

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Good thing my tone doesn't fall into any of those catagories. Uncoolness averted. :)

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
In public my phone goes on Vibrate, if I set it on the counter at my house or anywhere I need to turn the ring on, it's just that a RING.

Last edited:

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
I think all ringtones are cool except "Nokia Tune" --that should be banned.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I set mine to "the hokey pokey" so its rare. I used my cell as my main phone, so when its not on me it cant be on vibrate and its a pain to switch back and forth. So i go for a unique ring so that I can identify that its my phone.

I love the people who hear random songs playing that arrent even their ring tone, and they start grabbing for their phone.

Also, you get VERY dirty looks when yer cell goes off where I'm at.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: TallBill
I set mine to "the hokey pokey" so its rare. I used my cell as my main phone, so when its not on me it cant be on vibrate and its a pain to switch back and forth. So i go for a unique ring so that I can identify that its my phone.

I love the people who hear random songs playing that arrent even their ring tone, and they start grabbing for their phone.

Does anyone ever actually do the hokey pokey when your phone starts to ring? :D

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: melly

You'd never believe my answer.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: melly

You'd never believe my answer.

Try me!

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
my sister just called.. but i waited till the ringtone was almost complete so i could hokey my pokey... dance you pervert

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what its all about? Would we all have to turn ourselves around?

Balthazar

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
Originally posted by: iloveme2
this thread sucks

Hahahahaha.

On topic, I'd have to say, to the people who think cellphones should be banned from everywhere, PLEASE get over yourselves.
Movie theaters, sure, MAYBE restraunts, but even thats cutting it close.

You know that no matter what annoying people are going to be annoying, you can't ban people from being annoying.
And reffering to cellphones with a ring other than a "standard ring" as "F@g phones" is more than a little ridiculous.

First of all, wtf is a standard ring? I've never heard two phones from different manufacturers that ring the same, hell even traditional home phones change from maker to maker.

Second, wtf am I supposed to do with my phone? I either have it play a sound or it will NEVER ring, because the rings that ARE there, sure as hell wont fit into the "standard ring" category. So I chose Knight Rider and Pink Panther (Pink Panther for calls not in my AB). I picked the least used yet most reasonable sounds I could find and thats the best I can do....

And seriously I cannot believe that you guys have nothing better to get upset about. Or maybe you do and its just easier to vent on this topic than take issue with whats really troubling you?