PSA: Your ring tone is NOT cool

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
I have a T610 and I use the 'Traditional phone' ring for irony.

Gets ppl looking for the landline every time!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: JonnyBlaze
i bet you do. lol.

good luck with yor "barrow"

idiot.

breathe, then type. you might get it right next time

JB

Text

you moron. next time you try to insult someone, breathe, then type, and you might get it right.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
ya learn something new every day.

who was talking to you anyways.?? not him or me.

JB

who cares? is this not a discussion forum, where people can discuss things? i was just keeping your stupid trolling to a minimum, and i made sure to point out to you that you are a moron. have a nice day.

JonnyBlaze

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
ok. sorry for trolling. the origional poster was right, you shouldnt hear ringtones at work, but who cares what people have on their phone outside of work.

JB

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
With some phones there are limitations on how you can set them, I'm used to phones that have stepwise volume and vibrate. However the LG phone that I have right now doesn't have the stepwise function and the only way I can have it vibrate with the ringer on is if I have it on high volume. I've found that depending on what I'm doing, I won't notice the vibration or I might not hear the ring so it is good to have both. I usually turn it to manner mode though if the situation calls for it.

And custom ring tones are nice, I have a different tone for each person who calls me frequently so I don't even have to see who is calling.

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002
The most annoying fvcking thing ever is walkie talkie features of phones.. now you get to hear the entire fvcking conversation!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
ok. sorry for trolling. the origional poster was right, you shouldnt hear ringtones at work, but who cares what people have on their phone outside of work.

JB

apology accepted. outside of work, i guess it is a personal preference. personally, i cant stand it, but if you dont mind it, then thats fine with me. just be on the lookout for the big elephant penis i mentioned earlier ;)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: oniq
The most annoying fvcking thing ever is walkie talkie features of phones.. now you get to hear the entire fvcking conversation!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! at my office, there are 16 people with nextel 2ways, and it is NON-STOP!!!!! every 10-15 seconds, someone (within audible range) gets a "call" and its usually about 1.5 minutes in duration. it makes me want to strangle them (i am quitting today, woohoo!).

Subzero

Banned
May 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Mwilding
I have my phone stuffed in my underpants and set to vibrate. I spend most of the day calling myself. I only bother my coworkers with my moans...

Beat me to it.....:p

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
i have different ring tones for everyone in my phonebook :)
i set it as loud as possible :)
how you gonna stop me?? :)
hahahaha

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: CtK
hahahaha

none of us will try to stop you, but one day that karma of yours is going to bite you in the ass, and hopefully someone drops a piano out of a window and it lands on your damn head.

edit: and i hope it is when your phone is ringing

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
hahahaha

none of us will try to stop you, but one day that karma of yours is going to bite you in the ass, and hopefully someone drops a piano out of a window and it lands on your damn head.

piano out a window?? that must be a big ass window :)

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
hahahaha

piano out a window?? that must be a big ass window :)

hehe :D it was all i could think of at the time...i had to hurry and hit reply before someone walked by :p

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
This thread should should be retitled w/the word "*RANT*".

I havent seen a cellphone rant in awhile. People are finally learning to behave.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
/me perfected the move of looking around during a meeting to see whose phone is ringing while shutting mine off with my thumb.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
lol .. i've had a cell phone for years. I actually hate having it ring, so i leave it off and turn it on every few hours to get the messages people leave. Just waiting for the contract to blow out.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I have a wav of the theme to Knight Rider for my wife's caller ID number. Otherwise I use the old phone ringer wav for everything else. Everyone thinks that's cool, so there :)

Actually my Nokia 3650 has a meeting mode which I use frequently.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
oh no, some homo dont like ringtones.

looks like ill have to change mine.

JBlaze
Careful with the language there, you could be given a vacation.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I use Kyocera ring tone "#9". It's a distinct echo-sound and it rules. You may have heard it if you watched Dark Angel - it was her pager tone... I got a Kyocera just because of it.