PSA: Your ring tone is NOT cool

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Your ring tone is NOT cool.
You are not special because everyone around you has to hear a MIDI version of Beethoven everytime somecalls you.
You are not cool for having a phone that says, "you have an incoming call" instead of ringing.
You are not cool for turning up your ring volume so you can hear it while standing next to a jet engine.
You are not cool if anyone but you knows your cell phone is ringing when you are at the office.

WTF is wrong with people? Silence your goddam phone when you are at work especially when you are in meetings!

that is all...

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Mwilding
You are not special because everyone around you has to hear a MIDI version of Beethoven everytime somecalls you.
You are not cool for having a phone that says, "you have an incoming call" instead of ringing.
You are not cool for turning up your ring volume so you can hear it while standing next to a jet engine.
You are not cool if anyone but you knows your cell phone is ringing when you are at the office.

WTF is wrong with people? Silence your goddam phone when you are at work especially when you are in meetings!

that is all...

I agree with the bolded things. I don't care about other peoples' custom ring tones. In fact, I do think some of them are cool. I like ones from video games, or from my favorite songs. I have an older Nokia, so I just use the Trio ring tone. It's not flashy, but it gets the job done.

Loud cell phones suck, however, and have no place in an office environment where people are trying to work. Whatever happened to the big, glowering frowns you'd get if your cell phone or pager went off in the middle of a meeting...?

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
i left mine on the default tone. everyone answers phones in meetings here, it's pretty casual. i let it go to voicemail usually unless it's the wife because there might be an emergency with the baby.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001

that is all...

You just got a 10 from me. :D Really annoying are the pinheads that leave their cell phones on their desks while they go spend 20 minutes at the watercooler while some other pinhead cannot figure out after 20 calls at 10 rings each that maybe they guy isn't answering his phone. Mine stays in permanent manners mode whether on my person or in the charger.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I have my phone stuffed in my underpants and set to vibrate. I spend most of the day calling myself. I only bother my coworkers with my moans...

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
do you have 50 Cent - Wansta as your ring tone... i think not, so that makes me ultra-cool

Dogg

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Yes, ringtones aer obnoxious and they do suck. But look at it this way, they make it really easy to zero in on the offending obnoxious asshole and smack them over the head with a heavy object.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
mine is vibe then ring, regular phone-ish tone. i hate the non ringing tones, theyre a pain in the ass and only serve to help me identify which tool is getting a call

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
i dont think anyone on earth could possibly understand how much this pisses me off...

i cant help it. i have tried to just relax and let it go, but this is seriously the most annoying thing i have ever encountered. cell phone rings make me want to strangle people and beat them with their own arms. i cant stand it!!!!

my mom has her ringer so loud it hurts your ears if you are within a few feet of it. i took the battery off once when my sister was calling her because i couldnt take it anymore. i think there should be some sort of maximum for how loud it can be, and if you go over the limit, i personally will be able to punch them all in the face with a cut off elephant penis.

another for vibrate 24/7

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: JonnyBlaze
oh no, some homo dont like ringtones.

looks like ill have to change mine.

JBlaze

so you are one of the idiots who gets the frogger theme song playing and looks around to see if any chicks are giving you the eye because of your awesome theme music! wooo another dumbass!

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
To sh|tbag JonnyBlaze:

Have fun, and remember to duck when that folding chair is being swung at your stupid fvcking melon head.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
oh no, some homo dont like ringtones.

looks like ill have to change mine.

JBlaze
Clearly your poor education extends from your writing skills to your manners...

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: slick230
Have fun, and remember to duck when that folding chair is being swung at your stupid fvcking melon head.

lol who are you even talking to? learn to communicate please...

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
Originally posted by: slick230

lol who are you even talking to? learn to communicate please...

Relax, I wasn't talking to you. I was referring to JonnyBlaze and I hite the reply instead of quote button.

Calin

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001

that is all...

My phone rings at maximum power from the first ring...
I have custom ringtones
My phone can not talk
And at work my phone rings so that everyone can hear it.

And most of all, I receive about one phone call every week (but sometime even less)

Calin

JonnyBlaze

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
calm down there slick. or ill just have to allways keep my nextel on full blast just for you.

JB

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
calm down there slick. or ill just have to allways keep my nextel on full blast just for you.

JB

Please do. I have a wheelbarrow full of bricks and my throwing arm could use some practice.

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
I have the music from super mario brothers as my ring tone.

I'm the man.

However, I do turn off my ringer at work, and keep it quiet most of the time otherwise.

Ryan

JonnyBlaze

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
i bet you do. lol.

good luck with yor "barrow"

idiot.

breathe, then type. you might get it right next time

JB