PSA: WWW.BestPriceCameras.com

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: RossMAN
1) Never buy camera equipment from unknown retailers located in Brooklyn, New York.

But don't rule a company out because they're from NY either.

Basically, go to DPreview.com and see whose prices they list on their site. Those are the places you should buy from.

Edit:

Good camera stores:
B&H
Adorama
Beach Camera
BuyDig isn't bad

beach and buydig are the same place. and they're in jersey.

those first 2 are basically the only 2 camera stores in NYC that i'll trust. those gray market places on times square are awful too. just like canal street in NO.

Pretty sure BuyDig and Beach are not the same place. BuyDig's website says they're in Edison. I've been to Beach Camera's store and it's not in Edison, nor do they have anything in the store that indicates they're affiliated with BuyDig.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

Pretty sure BuyDig and Beach are not the same place. BuyDig's website says they're in Edison. I've been to Beach Camera's store and it's not in Edison, nor do they have anything in the store that indicates they're affiliated with BuyDig.

stuff i've gotten from buydig.com ships from beach camera

discussion on dpreview

Who Are We?
Beach Camera and Electronics is a family-owned-and-operated company located in Green Brook and Edison New Jersey.

their websites are the same, the sell the same range of products, and their catalog numbers are all the same.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix

stuff i've gotten from buydig.com ships from beach camera

discussion on dpreview

Who Are We?
Beach Camera and Electronics is a family-owned-and-operated company located in Green Brook and Edison New Jersey.

their websites are the same, the sell the same range of products, and their catalog numbers are all the same.

Sho' 'nuff.

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: CKent
I'm not going to read every huge thread I come across. Mistakes happen, it was easy to assume this was a whine post, we've seen them before. My question still isn't answered though. Only a moron would buy from someplace without doing their homework on it, so why post a warning here unless you think CKent is ridiculously stupid?

I think you answered your own question ;D