PSA to gun advocates: They won't save you from the Aryan Brotherhood

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
It was Obama that had them killed, he used drones. Holder helped and Michelle and the kids were in the same room, they're not really on vacation, they're killing Texans.

Food for thought.

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
It was Obama that had them killed, he used drones. Holder helped and Michelle and the kids were in the same room, they're not really on vacation, they're killing Texans.

Food for thought.

Except my food for thought is, well, real.

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
No it's not. It's a really stupid post. "gun advocates: they won't save you ............from baseless speculation.

LOL. That has to be one of the most shameless denials of reality I've ever seen on a political forum.

Me: "Texas DA was killed in home, had armed himself. Gun ownership didn't save him."

You: "Yes it did - your post isn't real."

Wow. I know right-wingers like to put a spin on things but that, that just takes it to a whole new level. I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

:rolleyes:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Gun ownership didn't help in this case. Neither will a seat belt when hit by a semi at a net speed of 100 mph. I wish more news articles would reflect that fact as this one did about guns.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Gun ownership didn't help in this case. Neither will a seat belt when hit by a semi at a net speed of 100 mph. I wish more news articles would reflect that fact as this one did about guns.
More people shoot and kill their friends, family members, other people by accident in the US than they shoot assailants in self defense in the US. Even more people also commit suicide by firearm than the above.

What does that tell you, that you need even more guns so even more people can get accidentally killed, or kill themselves? You'd think numbers on gun deaths - of all kinds, not only self defense - being many, many, many multiples higher in the US than any other western nation should teach you people a thing or two.

...Not that facts ever convinced any gun nut in the history of ever though, but one has to keep trying. ;)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
More people shoot and kill their friends, family members, other people by accident in the US than they shoot assailants in self defense in the US. Even more people also commit suicide by firearm than the above.

What does that tell you, that you need even more guns so even more people can get accidentally killed, or kill themselves? You'd think numbers on gun deaths - of all kinds, not only self defense - being many, many, many multiples higher in the US than any other western nation should teach you people a thing or two.

...Not that facts ever convinced any gun nut in the history of ever though, but one has to keep trying. ;)

That has absolutely no bearing on the OP or the article. I'll take my chances, thanks. In the meantime other nations can surrender their rights as they please. Certainly Great Britain is ahead of us in that regard. They'll certainly be safer if their government has their way and records and keeps all electronic communications. I'm not much impressed with assumed superiority of other nations. That's why they don't live here and vice versa.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

Okay so there were less than 900 accidental deaths last year versus how many gun related homicides?

You can't fix stupid... But I can easily reduce my risk of accidental death by gunfire with common sense and not hanging around armed idiots.

And what would more gun control have done to avert the aryan brotherhood from assassinating someone?

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012

The U.S. government kills far more people with their guns than the American people do with theirs.

I wonder why we don't see any concern from you about that?

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
The U.S. government kills far more people with their guns than the American people do with theirs.

I wonder why we don't see any concern from you about that?

What do you mean by the US government kills people? Are you referring to anyone employed by the US government killing any person on Earth, or are you talking about specific parts of government and specific types of people? I'm just wondering if you can provide a little clarity, thanks.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
This is an extreme example. If someone wants to kill you they will kill you no matter how well you are armed.

Like most gun control advocates, he OP flatters himself that he's worth the bullet he seems so worried about being shot with. Tens of millions of firearm owner aren't regular folks, they're all potential stalkers of the OP just waiting for any opportunity to snipe him.

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
Like most gun control advocates, he OP flatters himself that he's worth the bullet he seems so worried about being shot with. Tens of millions of firearm owner aren't regular folks, they're all potential stalkers of the OP just waiting for any opportunity to snipe him.

I'm not sure how anything I've said in this thread led you to that characterization, but hey, you have fun. ;)

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
What do you mean by the US government kills people? Are you referring to anyone employed by the US government killing any person on Earth, or are you talking about specific parts of government and specific types of people? I'm just wondering if you can provide a little clarity, thanks.

Yes, the U.S. government and its agents kill far more people, both domestically and abroad, than U.S. citizens do. Add up all the wars, all the sanctions, all the occupations, all the drone strikes, and all the other attacks, and the numbers aren't even close.

Government guns have historically proven to be far more of a threat to people than the guns of U.S. citizens, yet Leftist and liberal gun grabber nuts are only interested in confiscating the guns of the people.

How come?

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leftist and liberal gun grabber nuts are only interested in confiscating the guns of the people.

Is the aryan brotherhood an extreme rightest and conservative group?

Do a search on right wing and murder on google once. Do the same search with left wing and murder.

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
Yes, the U.S. government and its agents kill far more people, both domestically and abroad, than U.S. citizens do. Add up all the wars, all the sanctions, all the occupations, all the drone strikes, and all the other attacks, and the numbers aren't even close.

Government guns have historically proven to be far more of a threat to people than the guns of U.S. citizens, yet Leftist and liberal gun grabber nuts are only interested in confiscating the guns of the people.

How come?

You didn't answer my question. I asked you a direct question to clarify your statement, and instead you chose to completely ignore my question and continue on with your point as if I never said anything.

Do you enjoy having conversations with yourself? Because that's about what you are doing. So let me try this again: You say the "US government kills more people than US citizens." My question to you, what time periods are you referring to, what location, and are you including the military in your killing calculations, or is it just the federal government and federal agencies?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

Where did you pull that statistic out of ?
*sniff sniff*
Whoooaaa never mind, i can tell you you got it.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Where did you pull that statistic out of ?
*sniff sniff*
Whoooaaa never mind, i can tell you you got it.

While I am not a fan of guns, don't own a gun, would never let one in my own house, would never fire one; I am a fan of facts over rhetoric.
http://extranosalley.com/?p=36810

So according to this link, which is the best data I can find on a direct comparison, justified killings by guns in defense occurred twice as often as accidental deaths by guns in the year 2010. This data does not include defensive gun uses that did not result in a death. So clearly accidental killings by guns are much less common than defensive uses. I do know the most common death from guns in this country is in suicide, I'd have to look up to see if there's a direct statistic between suicides vs justified defensive gun uses to know if suicides were more common.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
You didn't answer my question. I asked you a direct question to clarify your statement, and instead you chose to completely ignore my question and continue on with your point as if I never said anything.

Do you enjoy having conversations with yourself? Because that's about what you are doing. So let me try this again: You say the "US government kills more people than US citizens." My question to you, what time periods are you referring to, what location, and are you including the military in your killing calculations, or is it just the federal government and federal agencies?

You can't possibly be this stupid, can you?

2timer

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2012
While I am not a fan of guns, don't own a gun, would never let one in my own house, would never fire one; I am a fan of facts over rhetoric.

So according to this link, which is the best data I can find on a direct comparison, justified killings by guns in defense occurred twice as often as accidental deaths by guns in the year 2010. This data does not include defensive gun uses that did not result in a death. So clearly accidental killings by guns are much less common than defensive uses. I do know the most common death from guns in this country is in suicide, I'd have to look up to see if there's a direct statistic between suicides vs justified defensive gun uses to know if suicides were more common.

You go to a pro-gun blog for your facts on gun statistics? Hmmm. Notice the chart isn't signed off by any official organization or agency - I'm guessing it was probably created on MS Paint. The blogger doesn't give his real name. And nowhere on the site are links to CDC and FBI statistics offered.

Do you really believe that source is unbiased and accurate?

You can't possibly be this stupid, can you?

I'm not sure what you mean. I asked you a question, and I'm waiting for a response that addresses my question. Does asking questions for clarification and expecting a forthcoming reply make one stupid in your view?

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

I personally am supportive of a persons right to take their own life if they choose. The statistic that was mentioned is also stretched since many crimes, such as rape are committed by a person known to , or "friend" of the victim.