PSA: TigerDirect reincarnated as B2B storefront, don't bother browsing!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
They're following in the footsteps of CDW. Pricing doesn't matter if you have "business" clients, i.e. government. Hate to say it, but buyers without a care in the world about the bottom line make great customers. That's why CDW has $10B in annual sales while Newegg has $2.5B.

You don't become a Fortune 500 company selling to tech forum members...

maevinj

Nov 20, 2004
They're following in the footsteps of CDW. Pricing doesn't matter if you have "business" clients, i.e. government. Hate to say it, but buyers without a care in the world about the bottom line make great customers. That's why CDW has $10B in annual sales while Newegg has $2.5B.

Well the way it works with CDW for me as a business client, is I see a product on their website, I email my "account rep" about receiving a "quote" for it, and they normally drop the price and throw in free shipping or what not. I think they do this to keep non-business customers from ordering from their website.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005

Oh well, I think we all made our peace with the TD of old.

The real problem is who is gonna keep Newegg honest. Amazon? I need to shop at B&H more.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
with retail - higher than retail prices? no thanks.

Just wait for the rebates... that will fix everything!

This is why microcenter needs to fill in the gap.
They already have darn good deals IF there is a store near you, so, they should become a big player in the online shopping world.

Feb 4, 2009
Well the way it works with CDW for me as a business client, is I see a product on their website, I email my "account rep" about receiving a "quote" for it, and they normally drop the price and throw in free shipping or what not. I think they do this to keep non-business customers from ordering from their website.

Very, very true from a former PC Connection employee.

Ps if you need licensing help pm me I can set you up with a great guy & PC Connection is very good with MS licensing.