PSA: the belt parkway at 6 am.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
if you are going to drive drunk do us all a favor and drive into a tree or something...and hit it hard...I dotn want to spend a bunch of money in hospital bills on you either.

rbrandon

Banned
Oct 10, 2002
Originally posted by: matstars
real fun place when ur driving home 1/2 drunk 1/2 tired and 1/2 asleep.

QFT.

PS:

A ;) and a :D to those hand-wringers who will tell me to D IA F. He slept it off. He did the right thing and drove back to rotten island when he was tired. So what? Should we get the pigs to round up everyone who's driving home tired after 5pm?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
rotten island, crooklyn... what're we naming Da Bronx and Queens ?

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: tami
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero
Anyone who drives in that state is a cvnt.

What state? Read the thread, he slept it off.

Drunk or not, driving while tired is almost as idiotic. I doubt he was feeling the effects of alcohol at all (well, the after-effects maybe, but not intoxication), but it certainly doesn't sound like he was in a good condition to drive.

Hell, most people aren't when driving to work in the morning, or home after a long day.

Good GAWD there are some hand wringing ninnies on this board.

i am not sure why you appear to be condoning this kind of activity. as indicated by the first post, he was drunk enough not to care, and even responded with two "happy" emoticons after hearing the initial reactions of D I A F and the like.

regardless of how you see it, it's not advisable to drive in that state of mind. please don't tell me that if you could choose a desginated driver, you'd choose the OP over a completely well-rested and sober individual. my bets go on the one who is least likely to cause danger to your life.

there were plenty of options for the OP. sleeping it off and public transportation (this IS new york, after all) are two very viable and much safer options. this time, there was no car accident, but what about next time? how much would it bother you if you were involved in a car accident with a tired and "partially" drunk driver (just a little under the legal limit) who, as a result of his state of mind, wasn't being careful or responsible?

HE ALREADY SLEPT IT OFF. He was FAR under the legal limit by that time. Don't tell me you've never driven with a hangover unless you're too young to drive, or drink.

Good gawd, folks. :roll:

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur
If you passed out from drinking at 3 and were on the road at 7 you were still drunk.
You can't say this with any certainty at all. In fact, I highly doubt it unless he drank to the point of poisoning himself.

4-5 hours is plenty long enough to come back down under the legal limit.
its not worth reasoning with someone who stoops as low as conjur has in this thread.
This coming from the guy who was driving while intoxicated.

:roll:

And, Amused, if you pass out from drinking you've had WAY too much. Go ahead and try it. Go drink a case until you pass out and then go get a blood test or take a breathalyzer 4 hours later.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
If you passed out from drinking at 3 and were on the road at 7 you were still drunk.
You can't say this with any certainty at all. In fact, I highly doubt it unless he drank to the point of poisoning himself.

4-5 hours is plenty long enough to come back down under the legal limit.
its not worth reasoning with someone who stoops as low as conjur has in this thread.
This coming from the guy who was driving while intoxicated.

:roll:

And, Amused, if you pass out from drinking you've had WAY too much. Go ahead and try it. Go drink a case until you pass out and then go get a blood test or take a breathalyzer 4 hours later.

Conjur, He did not have all his alcohol in the hour before he went to sleep.

He rode home from the bar to his friend's house. Went to sleep. ("Pass out" is an exaggeration if he made it to his buddy's house then went to sleep) Woke up and drove. There was at LEAST 5 hours between his last drink, and his drive home. MOST of those drinks that made him so drunk were HOURS before his buddy drove home assuming he went out at 10-11PM.

5 hours is plenty of time. He had a hangover. He was not legally drunk when he drove. To be legally drunk when he drove he would had to have had more than a six pack in the hour before he went to sleep. Even more if he's a big guy.

Again, you CAN go out, get sh!tfaced, sleep for 4-5 hours and be legally sober. People do it everyday.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: tami
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero
Anyone who drives in that state is a cvnt.

What state? Read the thread, he slept it off.

Drunk or not, driving while tired is almost as idiotic. I doubt he was feeling the effects of alcohol at all (well, the after-effects maybe, but not intoxication), but it certainly doesn't sound like he was in a good condition to drive.

Hell, most people aren't when driving to work in the morning, or home after a long day.

Good GAWD there are some hand wringing ninnies on this board.

i am not sure why you appear to be condoning this kind of activity. as indicated by the first post, he was drunk enough not to care, and even responded with two "happy" emoticons after hearing the initial reactions of D I A F and the like.

regardless of how you see it, it's not advisable to drive in that state of mind. please don't tell me that if you could choose a desginated driver, you'd choose the OP over a completely well-rested and sober individual. my bets go on the one who is least likely to cause danger to your life.

there were plenty of options for the OP. sleeping it off and public transportation (this IS new york, after all) are two very viable and much safer options. this time, there was no car accident, but what about next time? how much would it bother you if you were involved in a car accident with a tired and "partially" drunk driver (just a little under the legal limit) who, as a result of his state of mind, wasn't being careful or responsible?

HE ALREADY SLEPT IT OFF. He was FAR under the legal limit by that time. Don't tell me you've never driven with a hangover unless you're too young to drive, or drink.

Good gawd, folks. :roll:

well, i don't drink -- don't like it, don't like its effects. so i don't drive drunk, and i've never driven drunk in my life. (i'm also in my mid-twenties, so i'm well within the legal drinking age.)

also, how are you to know for sure if he slept it off? many bodies operate differently. he admitted to driving "1/2 drunk" in his OP!