PSA: Play MW3 for free, this weekend on Steam.

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
Capture-13.jpg

Not that I advocate it or anything, but heck. BF3 is getting stale and a change of pace wouldn't be too bad.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Is the single player available? I'm only slightly interested in the campaign.

That's the thing.. It's NOT. So the title of the post is very misleading. MULTIPLAYER ONLY.

Don't for a second think that EA would be so kind as to let you play the full game for free for even an hour.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
That's the thing.. It's NOT. So the title of the post is very misleading. MULTIPLAYER ONLY.

Don't for a second think that EA would be so kind as to let you play the full game for free for even an hour.

Bummer, I was planning to download and play the single player, and then forget about it.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Bummer, I was planning to download and play the single player, and then forget about it.

lol. If they did a free weekend of the singleplayer, then everyone would beat it in one day, and there'd be no reason to buy it afterward.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I decided to give it a whirl this weekend and can now safely say that I wont be buying it until it hits $4.99 like MW2 did at Amazon during their Valentines Day sale last week.

Its exactly the same as MW2, full of hackers, toobers, small maps, laser like guns, overpowered killstreaks and the biggest killer of all...... peer to peer connections.

But wait, it has dedicated servers you say. Yeah it does, but they are totally empty since in the developers infinite wisdom, they decided that only the P2P IWNET would be ranked. Evidently people prefer ranking up and getting unlocks so much that they would rather play on the uber laggy, migrating host, piece of craptastic $#*! that IWNET is.

I was able to find 1 server that had 5 people in it. It was a sniper only server and after playing BF3 it was like shooting fish in a barrel. Little to no recoil combined with hit exactly where your crosshairs are at any distance made it way easy. I was wiping the floor with level 70 guys until some aimbotter showed up and went on a rampage killing everyone the instant they spawned. :rolleyes:

IMO Black Ops is a better game by tenfold compared to MW3. As long as IWNET is around the CoD series is now dead to me. Long live BF3!

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
lulz... Just gave MP a shot for the first time. Forgot how much fun I'd have with just team deathmatch.

I suck, so I do best with a machine gun camped in a corner:). lol. Enemy team just walked into my line of fire one by one - then they all respawned behind me before I decided to get up...