PSA: It's the LUNAR New Year, not the CHINESE New Year

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: glutenberg
Originally posted by: HotChic
Originally posted by: Mo0o
eh, semantics. I still call it "chinatown" instead of "international district"

There are people who call Chinatown "International District?" That's news to me.

Depends on where you live. In San Francisco, it's Chinatown. In Seattle, it's the International District.

There aren't subtitles for each area within the International District? Like in LA, there's Little Tokyo, K-Town, Chinatown, etc-town. Same as in New York and SF. International District almost sounds like an area for doing commercial business transactions moreso than ethnically dominated areas.

The Seattle International District isn't nearly as large or differentiated as the spots in LA, New York and San Francisco, so I guess not.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Well Maple Story is celebrating the "Lunar New Year", so that must be it. Or maybe they want to be PC or something.

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Mo0o
eh, semantics. I still call it "chinatown" instead of "international district"

There are people who call Chinatown "International District?" That's news to me.

Depends on where you live. In San Francisco, it's Chinatown. In Seattle, it's the International District.

There aren't subtitles for each area within the International District? Like in LA, there's Little Tokyo, K-Town, Chinatown, etc-town. Same as in New York and SF. International District almost sounds like an area for doing commercial business transactions moreso than ethnically dominated areas.

The Seattle International District isn't nearly as large or differentiated as the spots in LA, New York and San Francisco, so I guess not.

I always called it Chinatown. :laugh:..
You can find Vietnamese stores on one side, and then Chinese stores on another side. So... I never use the term "International District."

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001