PSA - Every 10 series available for order @ MSRP @ NVidia.com

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Hasnt their store page been like this for a long time, OOS? And MSRP never changed?

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
I'll bet opportunists will be refreshing the page and snapping them up for resale at higher prices elsewhere.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I'll bet opportunists will be refreshing the page and snapping them up for resale at higher prices elsewhere.

Probably. But I bet a lot of miners are there waiting for them as well. People can set in-stock updates on sites like Nowinstock, so once they come in, they're gone. Plus some people must have had inside information on these cards coming in stock today, as I saw it posted over on Slickdeals yesterday.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
People still mine on these things? LOL. My GTX1060 3GB is making me $0.67/day (est.), and my GTX1070ti 8GB is making me $1.23/day (est.), WITH my R5 1600 also mining.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Well, the Titan is now sold out as well. There must be some demand for these things still after all!

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I'd like to interview some of the people panic buying these cards and ask them what they want them for. I'd like to actually know what these people are doing. My guess at this point is simply ebaying them as mentioned a few posts up.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I'd like to interview some of the people panic buying these cards and ask them what they want them for. I'd like to actually know what these people are doing. My guess at this point is simply ebaying them as mentioned a few posts up.

I'm sure the majority will end up on Ebay or Craigslist. My local Craigslist is full of people selling Nvidia cards for insane amounts. With Nvidia still selling a few cards at normal MSRP, shows how much distributors and retailers are gouging for their cards right now. Newegg for example sells their 1080ti cards for $899+ when in stock.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
My guess is that at this point of the GPU family cycle, things are usually slowing way down in terms of demand, so production is typically low at this stage. The miners changed the level of demand at a time the GPU's aren't being made in full swing. That's what I think. Nvidia is getting ready to release a new product and sadly it won't matter for gamers. They will all likely sell out instantly and they'll all go to scalpers and miners. If gamers can't get ahold of GPU's the entire PC gaming industry will crash and burn, and quickly too. Everything revolves around the GPU.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
My guess is that at this point of the GPU family cycle, things are usually slowing way down in terms of demand, so production is typically low at this stage. The miners changed the level of demand at a time the GPU's aren't being made in full swing. That's what I think. Nvidia is getting ready to release a new product and sadly it won't matter for gamers. They will all likely sell out instantly and they'll all go to scalpers and miners. If gamers can't get ahold of GPU's the entire PC gaming industry will crash and burn, and quickly too. Everything revolves around the GPU.

It will be interesting to see what they price their next gen cards at. Since they have seen people will buy the cards well over MSRP, and with that extra profit going to distributors and retailers, I am willing to bet we will see a healthy price increase. I agree it really sucks for people who just want to buy a card for gaming, and it will be interesting to see if more PC gamers jump over to a console instead over the next several years.