PSA: DuckTales Remastered unlocks 8/13 on Steam...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Copied from the game review thread:

Ducktales Remastered

I was gifted this on Steam and played for about an hour today. I'd read all the news since this became a reality, and read the reviews since I planned on purchasing it. Most reviewers liked it while finding some flaws like the overbearing storytelling aspect.
I'll be honest - I don't really like it. I just don't.
The voices being off is one of my biggest turnoffs. They simply don't sound remotely similar to the original characters, and it throws the nostalgia factor off and let's be honest - that's the big selling point for this game.
The game mechanics are still there, the art assets are pretty nice, and the controls are good (used a 360 wireless as usual).
Just not into it like I thought I would be.
I replay the original every few years and enjoy it every time. It's simple, easy and fun and feels perfect.
Score removed so the anal retards can sleep tonight.
Hoping the Mickey remake is better.

Last edited:

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
The voices being off is one of my biggest turnoffs. They simply don't sound remotely similar to the original characters, and it throws the nostalgia factor off and let's be honest - that's the big selling point for this game.

It's funny you say that, because they used the exact same voice actors that were in the original.

Of course... people change over time. It's probably difficult to replicate the exact same voices from many years ago.

Also, I like that you gave it a 7/10, even though you said you didn't enjoy it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
It's funny you say that, because they used the exact same voice actors that were in the original.

Of course... people change over time. It's probably difficult to replicate the exact same voices from many years ago.

The chick who did Alice in Wonderland is still making video games today.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006

Also, I like that you gave it a 7/10, even though you said you didn't enjoy it.

Yup, it had a lot of good things going for it, it just wasn't for me.
Reading that they were using the original voice actors was part of the draw for me, but to me the voices sound like amateur voice actors imitating the original voices. :(
Score removed so the anal retards can sleep tonight.

Last edited:

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
As I said in the other thread, a 7/10 is a 70%, which is a low C, almost a D grade. Not good.

Using a school grading system is a bit odd; you can't expect people to automatically convert your number score into a letter grade. Most of us aren't in school and don't think that way anymore. If that's the system you want to use though, maybe you should just skip the numbers altogether and give it a letter grade (like a C) to begin with?

JoetheLion

Nov 8, 2012
I was kind of surprised with this, never thought I would play this game again after all these years. I always liked the level where you had to photograph animals the most.

btw: Am I the only one who thought as a kid that this is the most difficult game ever? For me, even flying with Launchpad's plane ended in 90% of cases in a crash. :X