PSA: Don't drive in other peoples blind spots...

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Just a quick note, when driving on the highway, try not to stay in my blind spot for extended periods of time. Either pass me, or slow down enough to fall out of my blind spot. Yes, I realize it's my responsibility to see you, but isn't it common sense to do everything in your powers to prevent an accident? Because if I don't see you and we get into an accident at 70 mph, I doubht "whose fault it was" will be the first thing on your or my minds.

Thank you.

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Heres another one if you are going to pass me or someone else do it quickly there is no reason to stay next to me for 4 miles just to inch past me.

Heres also another one if you are way back and then come up to my @ss and I get over so you can pass I am not pissed at you. Just pass me ASAP so I can pass the other people in the right lane ASAP.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Citrix
and how would i know where YOUR blindspots are?

How about this - either pass me, or make sure that if I suddenly switch lanes (for whatever reasons) I don't run into you.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Argo

How about this - either pass me, or make sure that if I suddenly switch lanes (for whatever reasons) I don't run into you.

umm how about you turn your melon and look and use your turn signals before you change lanes.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Argo

umm how about you turn your melon and look and use your turn signals before you change lanes.

You won't see my turn signal from my blind spot. Also, a lot of people don't turn their head. Are you willing to risk your life just out of principle?

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Everyone should know where cars blind spots are. Rear quarter panel If you do not know that get the fsck off the road.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
1. You should always look when changing lanes.

2. People who feel the need to sit off my left quarter-panel (while they are in the leftmost lane) for 10 miles should be broken on the wheel.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by: K1052
1. You should always look when changing lanes.

2. People who feel the need to sit off my left quarter-panel (while they are in the leftmost lane) for 10 miles should be broken on the wheel.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Also, if I'm doing 80 in the fast lane (in a 65 zone) and you come flying up on me, I'm not moving over for you, you can go around on the right. Thank you, drive through.

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Another thing I dont understand, is how people can stand being passed by Semis on the left. This is extremely dangerous to be going slower than semis so they pass you. They cant see sh!t out of the left of their truck how much do you think they can see out of the right of their truck. Here's a tip if you are going to drive slower than the semis and have them pass you on the left once their truck has passed you turn your lights on and off so they know they've cleared you and can move over.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It's funny the things you don't have to worry about driving a 77 Mercury Grand Marquis. No one tailgates you, cuts you off, or dwells in your blind spots.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
It's funny the things you don't have to worry about driving a 77 Mercury Grand Marquis. No one tailgates you, cuts you off, or dwells in your blind spots.

They don't tailgate you or stay in your blind spots because they're afraid something is going to fall off that piece of sh!t and hit their car. And they don't cut you off because they figure you have nothing to lose by ramming that piece of sh!t into their vehicle.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: lozina
You shouldn't have blind spots....

Linky

Thank you.

That combined with looking over your shoulder, not just mirrors, before you change lanes or turn should keep you out of trouble in most every-day driving.

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Nik

Linky

Thank you.

That combined with looking over your shoulder, not just mirrors, before you change lanes or turn should keep you out of trouble in most every-day driving.

Yeah, its pretty important to look, if you're changing lanes just turn your head. Better than paying higher insurance for the rest of your life.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Siva
Originally posted by: Nik

Linky

Thank you.

Yeah, its pretty important to look, if you're changing lanes just turn your head. Better than paying higher insurance for the rest of your life.

It's quick. It's easy. It's responsible. :)

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I usually know if a car is in my blind spot, because I saw them come up.

But I always look, because just because I usually know...

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004

Linky

Unfortunately, some cars have blind spots even with properly adjusted mirrors. I always turn my head before changing lanes, and I monitor what's going on behind me to prevent surprises, but it's still not a good idea to sit right behind and to the left or right of someone for long. If you're going the same speed as someone else, try to get either directly in front of or behind them.

Originally posted by: TheNinja
Also, if I'm doing 80 in the fast lane (in a 65 zone) and you come flying up on me, I'm not moving over for you, you can go around on the right. Thank you, drive through.

Sorry, but that makes you a bad driver. If you're going slower than the guy behind you, and the lane to your right is free, the law says you should move over. Even if the guy behind you is speeding.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: slick230
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

They don't tailgate you or stay in your blind spots because they're afraid something is going to fall off that piece of sh!t and hit their car. And they don't cut you off because they figure you have nothing to lose by ramming that piece of sh!t into their vehicle.

What's your point? :D
It's not a POS though. Your car is a POS. My Mercury is a fine piece of american machinery that's as comfortable as driving my couch around town.