PSA: Bikes are faster than cars.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Originally posted by: foghorn67
LOL, hey man I drive a Civic.. and not to gloat but you wouldn't see me in your mirrors for much more then 2 seconds after the race begins.. Cars > Bikes, I really don't see how your little CRX encounter makes you think otherwise.

seek help.

kthxggbye

hahah sorry no civic is going to beat a CBR or such. just is not going to happen.

Randum

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2004
and who cares? If youre in a civic racing someone, you already have issues

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
lmfao...once i was on my way to the big city going down the interstate at a smooth 110 on my vfr750...up ahead i see an sc300 (im guessin tubo) and cobra racing...i blow past them at 160 and only had to drop on gear....like hot knife through butter ^_^ man they looked mad...i came out of no where, lol

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Journer
lmfao...once i was on my way to the big city going down the interstate at a smooth 110 on my vfr750...up ahead i see an sc300 (im guessin tubo) and cobra racing...i blow past them at 160 and only had to drop on gear....like hot knife through butter ^_^ man they looked mad...i came out of no where, lol
For those who were wondering, this is essentially the definition of "squid".

Also, it's a pretty good definition of "liar" as well since the VFR750 specs list a top speed as 145 mph. http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_vfr_750_f_1991.php

ZV

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt

Also, it's a pretty good definition of "liar" as well since the VFR750 specs list a top speed as 145 mph. http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_vfr_750_f_1991.php

ZV

holly popup galore!

to be fair. the bike could be modded (but not the type you mod really). but yes he is a squid.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy

ZV
holly popup galore!

to be fair. the bike could be modded (but not the type you mod really). but yes he is a squid.
I didn't see any pop-ups, but I'm using Firefox. Sorry about that.

ZV

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
LOL, hey man I drive a Civic.. and not to gloat but you wouldn't see me in your mirrors for much more then 2 seconds after the race begins.. Cars > Bikes, I really don't see how your little CRX encounter makes you think otherwise.
ba ha ha ha.

hold on, I think its done. nope...

ba ha ha ha ha.

LOL

Flash1969

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Flash1969
Not all bikes are faster than cars

A 5.0 Mustang I used to have beat the sh!t out of quite a few bikes. Maybe driver error with some of the bikes but a win is a win.

I loved it when a Harley pulled up next to me at a light revving it up. His lane ended about a quarter mile down the road and he intended on beating me to the merge. It wasn't even close.
A Harley will run 0-60 in about 5.3 and it's a very slow bike. If the Harley was really going all out, and if your Mustang was stock, it should have been neck and neck. And even an old 2-cylinder Honda Standard should leave a Harley behind without difficulty in acceleration.

Regardless, when you put a very fast car up against a very slow bike, you will blur the line a little, but do be aware that you were racing the motorcycle equivalent of a fully-loaded semi-truck.

ZV

I am quite aware that Harleys are slow bikes. My Mustang wasn't stock. It wasn't extremely fast but ran a best of 12.74@105 mph. It is Red-Dawn that can't seem to grasp that a Harley could be beat by a car.(That and he seems obsessed with the words "penis extension" ) The Mustang had 4.10 gears, 5 speed manual, and Mickey Thompson Sportsman pros in the back. It launched pretty hard with that combo...

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000

A 5.0 Mustang I used to have beat the sh!t out of quite a few bikes. Maybe driver error with some of the bikes but a win is a win.

I loved it when a Harley pulled up next to me at a light revving it up. His lane ended about a quarter mile down the road and he intended on beating me to the merge. It wasn't even close.
A Harley will run 0-60 in about 5.3 and it's a very slow bike. If the Harley was really going all out, and if your Mustang was stock, it should have been neck and neck. And even an old 2-cylinder Honda Standard should leave a Harley behind without difficulty in acceleration.

Regardless, when you put a very fast car up against a very slow bike, you will blur the line a little, but do be aware that you were racing the motorcycle equivalent of a fully-loaded semi-truck.

ZV
I am quite aware that Harleys are slow bikes. My Mustang wasn't stock. It wasn't extremely fast but ran a best of 12.74@105 mph. It is Red-Dawn that can't seem to grasp that a Harley could be beat by a car.(That and he seems obsessed with the words "penis extension" ) The Mustang had 4.10 gears, 5 speed manual, and Mickey Thompson Sportsman pros in the back. It launched pretty hard with that combo...
You have encountered Red Dawn before, right? That's just who he is. Personally, I enjoy the fellow.

ZV

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
You have encountered Red Dawn before, right? That's just who he is. Personally, I enjoy the fellow.
ZV
Red Dawn's awesome.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

ZV

What i'm saying you Wanker is that the guy on the bike probably eased up when he saw that you were going to challenge him to that merge in the roadway because he didn't want to tangle with some moron in a 3500 lbs cage on his bike if that moron was going to play games with his car and put the biker's life in danger. Like you said the Harley isn't a fast bike so unlike you he wasn't trying to prove anything by driving like an zit farming idiot.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

ZV

hmm red dawn said it right. to bad you did not understand it.

both the car and harley were about even. you are in a 3000+lb car he is ON a (maybe) 900 lb bike.
if ou hit the bike (say you blow a tire etc) the guy on the bike can get hurt or die. you on the other had just have to face jail and paying out.

so the bike lets off because harley's are not speed bikes. he knows it is not worth the risk of YOU doing something stupid. so he lets off.

hopefully it gets into that brain of yours. if you still have problems let me know. i will have my 4yr old explain it to you. though red dawn is pretty close to that! :p