PS4 pro under desk mount?

Mar 11, 2004
I wouldn't think it'd have an especially negative impact, unless you're running a space heater under the desk or something. You could maybe see if you could find one that has perforated holes throughought and maybe open sides, so that it'd let a bit more ventilation through. If nothing else you could probably mount a fan setup there as well (or just put a box fan under the desk or something).

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm pretty sure all of the ventilation comes out the rear of the PS4.

I don't know if this matters or not, but just keep in mind the PS4 and PS4 Pro have different dimensions. The Pro is a bit larger. I'm not sure if you have a PS4 you measured out to put in there and/or planned on upgraded to a PS4 Pro, but make sure the Pro fits in there if that is in the plans.

phillyman36

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2004
Yes its a PS4 Pro. From what i have found sony suggest like 8 inches on the right left and back side of PS4(heat exhausts out back like you said)

Last edited:

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
I have mine under a small shelf on my desk and it hasn't caused any issues. It's a real tight fit too. I'd think that shelf would work fine.

my deskresize2.jpg

Mar 11, 2004
I'm pretty sure all of the ventilation comes out the rear of the PS4.

I don't know if this matters or not, but just keep in mind the PS4 and PS4 Pro have different dimensions. The Pro is a bit larger. I'm not sure if you have a PS4 you measured out to put in there and/or planned on upgraded to a PS4 Pro, but make sure the Pro fits in there if that is in the plans.

According to the engineers the intakes are on the sides I think. They had diagrams showing the airflow. And people have noticed that doing vertical placement causes a noticeable increase in temps and noise as it blocks one of the intake ports. Even in a cramped positions it shouldn't be too bad on it, and it being under the desk will help hide noise anyway.