Protecting the country first!

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
1558746780503.gif

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/bor...ming-out-of-oval-office-to-hide-nuclear-codes

Pelosi Takes Advantage of Trump’s Storming Out of Oval Office to Hide Nuclear Codes

1558746881346.png

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, took advantage of Donald Trump’s storming out of an Oval Office meeting on Wednesday to hide the nuclear codes, Pelosi has confirmed.

Moments after Trump threw a tantrum and abruptly left his own office, the quick-thinking Pelosi turned to Senator Charles Schumer, who was also present for the meeting, and said, “Chuck, we’ve got to find those nuclear codes and hide them.”

Pelosi and Schumer ransacked the Oval Office for the codes until Pelosi finally located them in a desk drawer under a pile of empty Quarter Pounder containers from McDonald’s.

Speaking to reporters on Thursday, the House Speaker refused to divulge her hiding place for the codes, but addressed widespread speculation that she had hidden them in a book.

“Believe me, that was my first thought,” she said. “But I checked the whole office, and there were no books.”

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Yawn!!! Should be in Off Topic...…..

No. It's fine right here.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Brightened my day a bit.

Anything that puts a smile on my face makes my day that much more worthy of living through it. Another beautiful sunset over the Pacific Ocean today made it that much more enjoyable.

Don't worry........be happy.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Have to admit, not a bad idea.
Better safe than sorry.
And so far in this administration its been a shet load of sorry.

Nancy would never find the codes. We all know Trump sold them over to Putin, along with the US constitution.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Is it not better to rip a bandaid off than suffer the mm by mm? Launch em and get it over with.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Is it not better to rip a bandaid off than suffer the mm by mm? Launch em and get it over with.

Actually one of my fears.. That the longer Dems wait to gather evidence, the crazier he gets. When they're finally ready to make their move, he fires a few nukes at (fill in the blank).

The old "piss in the manger" ploy. If he can't have the planet, nobody will.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
... he fires a few nukes at (fill in the blank).

Question: I'm sure others have wondered this. The famed nuclear codes. What exactly is this? Is it really in that one person's power (and nobody elses) to launch a nuclear attack, any attack possible? Just on his say so? He calls the head of the joint chief of staff and says, OK, I've decided to obliterate Moscow, Beijing, Cuba, X, Y, Z, and it happens, period?

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Question: I'm sure others have wondered this. The famed nuclear codes. What exactly is this? Is it really in that one person's power (and nobody elses) to launch a nuclear attack, any attack possible? Just on his say so? He calls the head of the joint chief of staff and says, OK, I've decided to obliterate Moscow, Beijing, Cuba, X, Y, Z, and it happens, period?
No there are people in every step of the process.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
No there are people in every step of the process.
So, those people are or are not capable of preventing nuclear attacks???? The nuclear codes are just to make sure that such attacks don't happen without the approval of the POTUS? Kind of weird system.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So, those people are or are not capable of preventing nuclear attacks???? The nuclear codes are just to make sure that such attacks don't happen without the approval of the POTUS? Kind of weird system.
We have had this discussion before... to my recollection it demands that someone in the chain of command takes one for the team and be a patriot. Especially with the generals gone... its in Trumps small hands...

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
We have had this discussion before... to my recollection it demands that someone in the chain of command takes one for the team and be a patriot. Especially with the generals gone... its in Trumps small hands...
Can you demystify this? "Generals gone?" "Takes one for the team?" What do those things mean in this context? Links to previous discussion(s)?

We all know that Trump's small hands get along, they are virtual mirror images of each other -- something that bugs the shit out of me! But I don't trust either one of them.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Ill try and dig it up .. think its a couple of years ago.
Generals gone = not in the administration anymore, Mattis, Kelly, McMaster .. I believe it was rumored that those guys had a pact to tackle Trump if he ever were to reach for the codes. Take one for the team = Sacrifice your career for the country, whatever that may look like (scramble the codes, buy time for congress to act etc.).
Yea. It is. A. Terrifying. Thought.
Cause you know, with a cornered RAT and all that.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I'm speaking as a former Marine Aviator, that held a Top Secret security clearance while on active duty.

Nuclear weapons are released by what is known as the "two-man rule". The President and all Cabinet Members carry an encryption card that is changed on a daily basis. To authorize a nuclear weapons launch, the president reads his card containing the day word, the action word, and the encryption key. A member of the Cabinet, starting with the vice president, and working its way down to whoever's available will then read the day word, the action word, and the encryption key on their card. At that point the EWO, (Emergency War Officer). He's the guy that you see traveling with the president, that carries the briefcase commonly known as the "football". Then transmits the command to the guys in the missile silos, who then turn the keys, that returns us back to Planet Of The Apes.

That's the simplified version, I left a lot of stuff out due to it being classified material.

Now, think about Trump's Cabinet, name one person with the balls to say no.

I could see this. Donny grabs a gun, puts to the head of (?) and says "I said read the fucking codes on your fucking card!"

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I'm speaking as a former Marine Aviator, that held a Top Secret security clearance while on active duty.

Nuclear weapons are released by what is known as the "two-man rule". The President and all Cabinet Members carry an encryption card that is changed on a daily basis. To authorize a nuclear weapons launch, the president reads his card containing the day word, the action word, and the encryption key. A member of the Cabinet, starting with the vice president, and working its way down to whoever's available will then read the day word, the action word, and the encryption key on their card. At that point the EWO, (Emergency War Officer). He's the guy that you see traveling with the president, that carries the briefcase commonly known as the "football". Then transmits the command to the guys in the missile silos, who then turn the keys, that returns us back to Planet Of The Apes.

That's the simplified version, I left a lot of stuff out due to it being classified material.

Now, think about Trump's Cabinet, name one person with the balls to say no.

I could see this. Donny grabs a gun, puts to the head of (?) and says "I said read the fucking codes on your fucking card!"
Hopefully the Day word and Action word are rotated daily so one of them is always "origins".

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Actually one of my fears.. That the longer Dems wait to gather evidence, the crazier he gets. When they're finally ready to make their move, he fires a few nukes at (fill in the blank).

The old "piss in the manger" ploy. If he can't have the planet, nobody will.

That's no joke. It can happen. In Hitler's final days, he ordered Albert Speer to destroy Germany's infrastructure. Fortunately for post-war Germany, Speer didn't carry out the order. I doubt Trump will launch nukes, but who knows what he could do on his way out.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I would guess nothing happens! They might even laugfh at him!
I would also guess the joint chiefs have in private talked about such a scenario.....

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I would guess nothing happens! They might even laugfh at him!
I would also guess the joint chiefs have in private talked about such a scenario.....
So, they would have the power to just say "what have you been smoking/drinking/sniffing?"

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I would say YES!!
Why? Becauase Trump has not proven himself to be stable and of sound mind! :)

Sorry, not the way th chain of command works. An order is an order. As a pilot the only order I can refuse, is an obviously illegal order.

If the protocols under the two man rule are valid and authenticated, I WILL fire my payload. Everything else is above my pay grade..

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Sorry, not the way th chain of command works. An order is an order. As a pilot the only order I can refuse, is an obviously illegal order.

If the protocols under the two man rule are valid and authenticated, I WILL fire my payload. Everything else is above my pay grade..

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
But you see I belive you are wrong!
In fact you would have to be a total idiot if you believe that just because Trump says do it! That it will be done!
I would be willing to bet you any amount of money that there are people under Trump who have discussed this very scenario and will disobey that order!
It is way to easy for both of us to express our opinions without proof of what would actually happen!
Let me just say -- I feel better knowing that domebody else besides Comerade Trump has to turn the keys or press the buttons!