Proper CPU ratio/Vcore for Barton 2800?

justcrash

Jan 15, 2002
Hey guys, right now my CPU ratio and CPU Vcore is set to B H/W in the BIOS. I am not over clocking or anything. WHat should this be set to?

---

justcrash,

Your thread subscriptions are being returned to us with the error message:

< your email address >... User unknown

These return notices flood our mailbox. Therefore, I have canceled your subscriptions. Please do not subscribe to anymore threads until this problem is corrected.

Thank you,

AnandTech Moderator

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
the by hardware bios settings should correctly set the multiplier ratio and the vcore for you automatically. If you are having a problem with that and feel it is necessary to set those manually the settings are 12.5 multiplier and 1.65 vcore.

Athlon XP 166mhz FSBx12.5 multiplier= 2080mhz actual clock speed. Vcore 1.65 volts.

justcrash

Jan 15, 2002
Originally posted by: NesuD
the by hardware bios settings should correctly set the multiplier ratio and the vcore for you automatically. If you are having a problem with that and feel it is necessary to set those manually the settings are 12.5 multiplier and 1.65 vcore.

Athlon XP 166mhz FSBx12.5 multiplier= 2080mhz actual clock speed. Vcore 1.65 volts.

So I am probably looking at what the BIOS did on its own? So I should leave it alone (I am ignorant about this stuff)?

justcrash

Jan 15, 2002
Originally posted by: justcrash

So I am probably looking at what the BIOS did on its own? So I should leave it alone (I am ignorant about this stuff)?

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
as long as the system is reporting that it is running as a 2800+ there really is no need to fool with the settings manually unless you are wanting to overclock it. If it is a new 2800+ them the multipliers are locked anyway so you can't change that. As long as the FSB is set to 166/333 mhz in the bios the rest should auto detect on its own if it is set by hardware. I would say you are probably good to go.

justcrash

Jan 15, 2002
as long as the system is reporting that it is running as a 2800+ there really is no need to fool with the settings manually unless you are wanting to overclock it. If it is a new 2800+ them the multipliers are locked anyway so you can't change that. As long as the FSB is set to 166/333 mhz in the bios the rest should auto detect on its own if it is set by hardware. I would say you are probably good to go.

Thank you! :)