PROOF that the Anti-Bush crowd is purely partisan.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AEB

Jun 12, 2003
keep in mind that congress continues to approve spending in IRAQ and even if the congress is a majority republican the majority isnt that big and teh dems CAN philibuster if they deem it nessecary. and yes ALL (with the exception of a few young republicans) politicians are PARTIZAN

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Crimson
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
Originally posted by: Gaard
Hey HoP! Get in here and educate Crimson on the definition of 'proof'!

Oh no, it is proof.. If the criticisms were truly for the good of the country, and not partisan, they would include all of the agencies I stated.. Since we are seeing NO blame pointed at anyone other than Bush, there is only one conclusion to come to.

And this is all based on the assumption Bush lied or mislead people.. I'm not even arguing that issue, thats a separate one, then its even more of a partisan attack.

Would you clarify one point?

Who was it that ordered the troops into Iraq? Was it Congress?

Who took the active role in this invasion?

Bush ordered them in.. What I am saying is, that if he did so under false information, its the DUTY of these other organizations to have checked his information.. and nobody is holding them accountable. That is, assuming Bush did anything wrong... which is a whole different issue.

The commitee on 9/11 can't even get bush's daily security memo ... the admin is citing executive priviledge or some other type of bs.. how are they supposed to check the info? And besides.. weren't all the warmongers answering to calls of more intel : "we don't know what bush knows" or something along those lines.. implying that some intel would only be available to bush?

AAman

Golden Member
May 29, 2001
the poster of this thread needs to learn the definition of facts, his argument is straight off Fox News, blaming Congress and the CIA, for the outright lies of the Bush administration, it is pure partisan Repub spin.

Read the Wash. Post, Newsweek, etc., great articles over the last month or so-

Cheney and Rumsfeld faked all that intelligence- they handpicked their own people
to directly exam incoming intel, people who were NOT experts on WMD, Iraq, etc., they
passed this intel directly to Bush, Powell, the UN, etc., even though the experts at the CIA, Air Force, etc., ALL were saying the intel was wrong. However, due to the nature of their jobs, they could
not and can not speak out in public, but they are incensed. I don't have time right now, but
will get some of the articles later (many are saved on my hard drive at home)

I too joined the Repubs to campaign for McCain, have spent the last few years attempting to work within the Repub party, but the religious bigotry and intolerance makes it impossible- the 'Big Tent'
means you can be from any ethnic minority, but you MUST be a Xian fundamentalist to go anywhere in the party, otherwise you are a figleaf, like Whitman at the EPA.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
Originally posted by: Gaard
Hey HoP! Get in here and educate Crimson on the definition of 'proof'!

Oh no, it is proof.. If the criticisms were truly for the good of the country, and not partisan, they would include all of the agencies I stated.. Since we are seeing NO blame pointed at anyone other than Bush, there is only one conclusion to come to.

And this is all based on the assumption Bush lied or mislead people.. I'm not even arguing that issue, thats a separate one, then its even more of a partisan attack.

Would you clarify one point?

Who was it that ordered the troops into Iraq? Was it Congress?

Who took the active role in this invasion?

Bush ordered them in.. What I am saying is, that if he did so under false information, its the DUTY of these other organizations to have checked his information.. and nobody is holding them accountable. That is, assuming Bush did anything wrong... which is a whole different issue.
tell me, who is ultimately responsible for the US ?

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
I listen to a lot of conservative talk radio because I think it's entertaining, occasionally informative, and because most talk radio is indeed conservative (i.e. conservatives like to whine and bash a lot more which attracts bigger audiences.)

But apparantly when others listen to the same stuff..... they must think they are listening to a direct message from God.

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Ferocious
I listen to a lot of conservative talk radio because I think it's entertaining, occasionally informative, and because most talk radio is indeed conservative (i.e. conservatives like to whine and bash a lot more which attracts bigger audiences.)

But apparantly when others listen to the same stuff..... they must think they are listening to a direct message from God.

So when you listen, and disagree.. you are well informed. But when others listen, and agree, they are somehow mentally ill? What are you implying by your statement.. I think I know.. People who agree with you are smart, people who don't are idiots.. its the liberal manifesto.

AAman

Golden Member
May 29, 2001
except I'm not a liberal, I'm a true conservative unlike the pretenders you talk about-

those who listen to talk radio are among the
most ill-informed, ignorant, and inexpressive people out there, but they don't have a monopoly on those traits.

Look
at my previous post in this thread, do some research, and discover what facts are, you seem to have
some difficulty discovering them

Mardeth

Platinum Member
Jul 24, 2002
A bit off topic but did you know that in Iraq, there were 30,000 civilians killed? Thats 10x the amount of WTC and considering there a lot more children in Iraq than in WTC...

djNickb

Oct 16, 2003
Republican, Democrat - Does it even matter at this point ? Point is our government has failed to do its job -- plain and simple

<edited for spelling>

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Mardeth
A bit off topic but did you know that in Iraq, there were 30,000 civilians killed? Thats 10x the amount of WTC and considering there a lot more children in Iraq than in WTC...

That's more than I've ever heard or read. Where did you hear/read this?

AAman

Golden Member
May 29, 2001
I saw a 14k killed figure (including the mass violence currently going on among gangs, etc.),
plus those who died from disease, etc.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Ferocious

So when you listen, and disagree.. you are well informed. But when others listen, and agree, they are somehow mentally ill? What are you implying by your statement.. I think I know.. People who agree with you are smart, people who don't are idiots.. its the liberal manifesto.

No those who constantly Parrot Limbaughisms are Idiots.