Question Project Screen on Monitor from Android Phone

spiderbatman

Aug 29, 2022
Hi All,

I need some guidance. I have an android phone - Realme X2 Pro, I have a need to play videos, watch photos from my phone to a PC monitor. This is a dumb monitor with a free HDMI slot.

1. How can I play videos, watch photos from my phone on my monitor?
  2. In case of playing video on the monitor, how can I listen to the audio?
Even a crude solution such as transferring media to OTG and connecting it to some device that I can connect with the monitor will also work. However, I would also want to know of a smoother solution which I may choose to invest in future if it is out of my budget.

A request to all the knowledgeable people out there, please help!!!!

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
I don't have smart devices either, I also only have a HDMI TV monitor and PC.

I used scrcpy + sndcpy + vlc and basically remote control my old Android phone (Android 6, just flashed to Android 10 though) from my PC, . Android phone's screen and audio both are mirrored to the PC, vertical or horizontal.

If you don't want remote control, you can install media (or UPNP) server APP like Kodi or Plex on your phone. But actually most of the time I don't do these stuff. You can try to search tutorials on youtube.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Forget that you can use Windows built-in screen mirroring, but somehow my phone just doesn't work. Whenever I try to connect, the phone crashes and reboots.

spiderbatman

Aug 29, 2022
Forget that you can use Windows built-in screen mirroring, but somehow my phone just doesn't work. Whenever I try to connect, the phone crashes and reboots.

Thanks for keeping me posted. However, in my use case, I do not have a PC or anything connected to my monitor. I am ok to purchase a device that can do the job for me. I also have an audio out in my monitor.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
No PC? Then Chromecast with Google TV is all you need. Get the 4K version.

Last edited: