Project cars will support 12k resolution on pc (PCGAMER)

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Release planned for mid-May? I've been out of the loop on this one for about a year, but I'm totally stoked for it.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Article got my click,what the hell is 12k anyways outside of the possibility of 3x4k monitors lol.Studio there has the right name for making such a claim lol.

Hoping for a demo of sorts,it looks interesting.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Article got my click,what the hell is 12k anyways outside of the possibility of 3x4k monitors lol.Studio there has the right name for making such a claim lol.

Hoping for a demo of sorts,it looks interesting.

I Imagine some sort of tri monitor setup as you suggest.
Tri Titan X might be able to on Medium high with no AA but anything more is going to destroy frames.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Meh, the car list looks to be stuffed to the gills with stupid euro cars. Probably wont buy this game....

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
I Imagine some sort of tri monitor setup as you suggest.

Yep. True 12k is 11520x6480p. Which would bring even the latest Titans to their knees.

The setup they're talking about is 11520x2160 using three 4K monitors, to give a panoramic view. You'd still need multiple high end GPUs to drive that.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I became a contributor to Project CARS all the way back in 2011, and I've been playing it off and on ever since. I can confirm it's fun.

Can you give a description of the handling characteristics?

I put a ton of hours into Shift2: Unleashed (same dev), so I'm familiar with that approach (I installed the mini-mod to help the handling).

Murdoc

Jan 22, 2011
I'll probably buy it. It supports my Driving Force GT wheel which I haven't used in about 4 years, and it had cockpit view.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Pixels for the sake of pixels. If you're going to make graphical hyper-detail a selling point of your game, might as well go all out.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
I'm probably wrong, but considering these guys also made NFS Shift I'm always a bit skeptical, that game was also nice looking but driving in it was just horrible... I hope their new game handles more like Iracing or at least Gran Turismo.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I'm probably wrong, but considering these guys also made NFS Shift I'm always a bit skeptical, that game was also nice looking but driving in it was just horrible... I hope their new game handles more like Iracing or at least Gran Turismo.

I've heard handling is much better.

Do remember that while they made the game, they weren't given free reign: SMS answered to EA, who owns the series.

Under the hood, the Shift games could be heavily modded to produce some damn fine handling, though not without quirks. Their sim engine was actually quite spectacular, with very strong AI, but you had to get into the config files to bring that out.

I haven't gotten into PCars, not since a pre-release build forever ago (and it was way too early on my system/setup), but I have faith that SMS can actually put together something the sim world wants.

I'm hoping so, because while I love iRacing's league setup, it is very long in the tooth in terms of visuals, and the sim engine still has plenty of quirks.