Progress reported in Iraq weapons hunt

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I bet you're right, Bowfinger. Them drawing tables from Niger whose only use is designing nuclear weapons are some of the most deadly in the world. I want to assure you of that even though I know it's a lie.

In John Wayne's "Alamo" there is a line where he has asked a lady to write a note as if it came from Gen. Santa Ana, that is intended to rile his buddies to the point of wanting to fight SantaAna and Join Dickenson... The note gets read, the buddies get riled and then Crockett tell them he wrote it and it's all a lie... The buddies don't care about the truth anymore... just that they are riled and want a piece of SantaAna...

It is the way the game is played..

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I bet you're right, Bowfinger. Them drawing tables from Niger whose only use is designing nuclear weapons are some of the most deadly in the world. I want to assure you of that even though I know it's a lie.
Weapons of Master Drafting! Bush is merely misunderstood; that's always what WMD meant in his mind.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
it would be funny how much of a joke this all has turned into, if it wasn't for the terrible tradgedy forced upon the Iraqi people and our 200+ dead American soldiers

bush will have hell to pay for this one
Agreed to the first part; I earnestly hope you're right to the second. I don't know if this country can survive four more years of that bunch.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Weapons of Master Drafting! Bush is merely misunderstood; that's always what WMD meant in his mind.

Yippie! :D WHOO HOO! I'm a WMD! :D :p

rolleye.gif

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

rolleye.gif

CkG

World's Master Debater???:)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

rolleye.gif

CkG

World's Master Debater???:)

:p doubt it :p

I was referring to Drafting, but a trained monkey could do my job so I digress.

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
CADyedrawer,

I was referring to Drafting, but a trained monkey could do my job so I digress

I was about to copy the line and you edited it... words just became... weird feeling.

We gots CAD guys at work... and untrained one maybe but... train a monkey to do that stuff... I couldn't sit long enough plus ya gotta know what it is spose to be... neither of which I am able to deal with.

any how... now that I've renamed me... I'm wondering about a clown head...???

Oh... BTW... if they find WMD how will we know we found it all?

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
HJD1 morphing LunarRay - and want's to pull the bag off his head ?
He's threatening to reveal himself as Moonies evil twin 'Skippy'
What a terrifying, diobolical plot.
Siamese twins, separated at birth, and rejoined at the face.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
----------------------------------------------
A trained monkey is doing your job. :D

----
---
LR gets a face lift and we can be a couple of clones.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
HJD1 morphing LunarRay - and want's to pull the bag off his head ?
He's threatening to reveal himself as Moonies evil twin 'Skippy'
What a terrifying, diobolical plot.
Siamese twins, separated at birth, and rejoined at the face.

:D:):D:D:):D:D:):D

ROFL....
Cap'n
The moon has two sides.... now the dark side appears.... growl......

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
----------------------------------------------
A trained monkey is doing your job. :D

----
---
LR gets a face lift and we can be a couple of clones.

Mom always said you were prettier..
:)

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7
things can be moved....

we will see in a couple of days whether there is more big info coming or if that was all fluff.

I don't buy this argument and here's why... In the 1960's America has used Satellites to discover Russia setting up nucelar missiles in Cuba. We watched them day by day deploying missles, constructing the launch sites, and delivering materials. And now, 40 years later you're telling me that we couldn't track these WMD's which Donald Rumsfeld specifically described as: "We know where they are". Thats a hard pill to swallow, did you have to crush it into a powder and mix it with a glass of water or what?

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
well here's a possible one:

a Weapon of Mass Deterrant - getting the word out against Bush's propoganda

there's a start. lol

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
This rapid progress makes me feel dazed and confused. I can't focus on all they haven't found.
Are they going to not find any nuclear missiles, too?
I'm sure we will find out if we watch "fair&balanced" news.

mrbentley

Jul 17, 2001
Iraqi: tubes Weren't for Nuclear Bombs - July 17. 2003
"A key Iraqi scientist recently told the CIA that high-strength aluminum tubes bought by Baghdad weren't meant for nuclear bomb production, as President Bush suggested in his State of the Union address, two experts on Iraq's nuclear program say.

Mahdi Shukur Obeidi, who headed a uranium-enrichment unit vital to Iraq's pre-1991 bomb plans, "also said that since '91 they hadn't resurrected a nuclear weapon program," according to ex-Iraq inspector David Albright, an American physicist who acted as go-between for Obeidi to talk to U.S. authorities a few weeks ago.

The assertion that Baghdad had revived its nuclear project was central to the Bush administration's call for war early this year."

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Gaard
Where'd Ali go?

The poor guy kept on posting article after article claiming that the WMD were either found or almost found. I kind of felt sorry for him. He was the most gullible poster in here.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: mrbentley
"A key Iraqi scientist recently told the CIA that high-strength aluminum tubes bought by Baghdad weren't meant for nuclear bomb production, as President Bush suggested in his State of the Union address, two experts on Iraq's nuclear program say.

Mahdi Shukur Obeidi, who headed a uranium-enrichment unit vital to Iraq's pre-1991 bomb plans, "also said that since '91 they hadn't resurrected a nuclear weapon program," according to ex-Iraq inspector David Albright, an American physicist who acted as go-between for Obeidi to talk to U.S. authorities a few weeks ago.

The assertion that Baghdad had revived its nuclear project was central to the Bush administration's call for war early this year."

Woot! Lets trust a key Iraqi scientist! Yup..... :p

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Tabb
Originally posted by: mrbentley

Woot! Lets trust a key Iraqi scientist! Yup..... :p

So far the Iraqi's Intelligence has been more reliable than Bush's. Strangely.