Question Programs Crashing

knght990

Jun 3, 2006
I have an issue with Adobe Creative Cloud.

Once installed, it causes all my other programs to crash 3 seconds after opening. All games, Ryzen Master, Cinebench.
Unaffected programs, Chrome, Tweak II, Adobe's Lightroom and Photoshop.

I know it is Creative Cloud because I've removed it and had no system issues, then reinstalled it and the issue appears again. I did this several times with the same result.

Any idea how I can track down what part of Creative Cloud is causing the crashes?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I suspect you'll have to stop using it until Adobe pushes an update that fixes the problem. You might contact them to see if they have a workaround and inform them of yet another user having problems, which can't hurt to help them recognize they need a fix.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Heh, chess game... next move is... "if I can't use it because of hardware that wasn't listed as below minimum standards and can't use your program then I want a refund".

knght990

Jun 3, 2006
That's the thing, it worked fine for a month, then programs started to crash. Mostly games like Battlefield, Star Trek Online and Ryzen Master. But some things worked, Photoshop and Lightroom and Tweak II. Some of the windows panels weren't working either, they would close or crash on their own as well after about 3 seconds. Sound panels worked, but Shutdown, Restart and uninstall programs would crash. I initially thought I had a virus or something.
I did a complete wipe of the partition and started over with a clean windows install. When I added Creative Cloud the issue sprang up again. So I removed Cloud and the issue went away. I installed and removed it 3 more times just to see and it was consistent.
I will have to chat with them Monday or Tuesday.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Are you running Win10 and let it update itself? Odds are one of those updates is causing a problem but with Microsoft being the dictator in this, the burden lands on software developers to make adjustments and Adobe are in denial until they get enough reports and/or quietly push out a fix.

In the meantime, I'd look into what happens on an clean install if you don't install windows updates released just prior to onset of the problem, or what I'd really do is restore an OS partition backup made before all this started but without that, see if it'll work to keep your Win10 installation not updated until adobe fixes this, OR find some software to get what you need done, that is less system intrusive than Adobe's bloatware.

It could be the opposite, that it's not a MS update directly causing an incompatiblity but rather an Adobe update. Either way, keeping both from updating might buy some time until either-or figures out what went wrong.

Some people mistakenly believe the latest patch/version of the OS or software is the best in a universal sense that applies to everyone and I strongly disagree with that. If what you have works acceptably, updating it can be more risk than reward unless it is a patch for a security vulnerability that directly affects your specific scenario.

If you want to be on latest version of everything, you should make timely OS partition backups so you can nuke it from orbit no matter where the software or OS went wrong. If you just want it to keep working then you need to spend the time to disable things from updating even if it means blocking internet access to update servers because the developer tried to take that option away from you. If the software then stops working w/o internet access, ditch it as fast as you can.

Last edited:

knght990

Jun 3, 2006
I suspect it is an Adobe update or an Nvidia update. I got both around the time the crashes started. I can easily rollback to a previous version of the Geforce driver but I haven't found a way to use an older version of the cloud software.
I was also thinking it could be something with the end of flash since the rig is new i dont have flash plugged in everywhere.
I also elected to not install some of the motherboard’s misc software, namely the fan management software because it has a negative effective on benchmarks. I might try putting it back to see what happens.
Ive been making a list for when I get home from a work trip.