Programming, where to start?

Fishy4004

Oct 29, 2017
so, I've built a pc. I think that's nothing. But, now I wanna start programming. With those Arduinos and stuff. Where do I start? What do I do? Could I get a brief tutorial? I've read about those Arduino Uno's, I wanna start small. Maybe make something that blinks. Some small stuff you know? I just wanna know when and how to start.

Reactions: Thebobo

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
so, I've built a pc. I think that's nothing. But, now I wanna start programming. With those Arduinos and stuff. Where do I start? What do I do? Could I get a brief tutorial? I've read about those Arduino Uno's, I wanna start small. Maybe make something that blinks. Some small stuff you know? I just wanna know when and how to start.

Here would be an appropriate place.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
There is a lot of arduino tutorials and samples. Even android apps that do that. This thread should be in programming and not highly technical. ask a mod to move it.

Mothergoose729

Mar 21, 2009
It depends on what kind of projects you are interested in. Programming isn't something you can really study. Its a set of tools and principles you use to solve problems or make cool stuff. So the best way to learn programming is to solve problems and make cool stuff.

So if you are interested in maker boards and arduinos then buy one and play with it. Seek out tutorials on arduinos. Do your own research and experiment. It will come together, as if by magic, sooner than you think.

robvas

Jun 18, 2018
It depends on what kind of projects you are interested in. Programming isn't something you can really study. Its a set of tools and principles you use to solve problems or make cool stuff. So the best way to learn programming is to solve problems and make cool stuff.

So if you are interested in maker boards and arduinos then buy one and play with it. Seek out tutorials on arduinos. Do your own research and experiment. It will come together, as if by magic, sooner than you think.
This. You need a project/goal to work towards. If you have the desire, the tools don't matter. Mac, PC, C#, Java, Python...you will find a way.

ankit3302

Jun 1, 2018
You must know some programming language to start for this. You can start from any of the C/C++, JAVA, Python etc.