Prof said there will be a "fact cenaio" question on the exam. What does this mean?

youppi

Dec 15, 2004
I googled the term but don't know exactly what it means. I confirmed with the prof that's what he meant but I still need some more info. Thanks in advance.

HaxorNubcake

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2004
maybe you misheard "fact scenario" or something like that? (like maybe he can't pronounce things properly)

sorta useless but hey it's all I can think of

youppi

Dec 15, 2004
thats exactly what i first thought, but i replied to him saying that and he rewrote the word exactly the same

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
You could try explaining that you have no idea WTF that is. Searching returns nothing.

toolboxolio

Jan 22, 2007
Originally posted by: bum
Maybe you should have asked him? :p

yup.

have balls or fail... I asked questions without shame to any instructor at UF.

it's their obligation to make themselves clear.

don't let mouth diarrhea from instructors make you feel less competent.

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
Either it's some kind of Italian or your teacher can't pronounce his words.

"Cenaio" in Italian is "evening meal".
"Cenaio" in Latin is "dinner" or "meal".
"Cenaio" in Turkish is "flank".
"Cenaio" in Polish is "worth", "value", "price", "valuation", "fare", or "charge".
"Cenaio" in Spanish is "supper" or "evening meal".

Seeing a pattern here?

Can we get the context?

Jun 27, 2005
Maybe he was trying to say "False Scenario"?

I don't know what kind of test you're taking but lots of tests present false scenarios in their questions to trip you up.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
either you or your professor can't spell.

youppi

Dec 15, 2004
Originally posted by: everman
Sounds like what is referred to as a fact pattern. Think of it as a "story problem".

i think this one is it. he replied with a hypothetical.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Alone

"Cenaio" in Polish is "worth", "value", "price", "valuation", "fare", or "charge".

Seeing a pattern here?

Can we get the context?

"Facts, its whats for dinner."

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

Seeing a pattern here?

Can we get the context?

So a fact dinner....sounds delicious

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Sometimes asking the professor a question IS the exam.

I had a freshman level physics course with a professor who was a bit odd. He'd fill his lectures with strange examples and lab tests usually involving flinging his body off of objects. One day, we had a lecture about gravity, acceleration, and velocity. In the example, there was a capybara in a tree that was going to fall. He spent ~30 minutes on this example, and not one person spoke a word (large lecture hall). Finally, right at the end of the class, my friend raised his hand and asked "what is a capybara?" The professor was so pleased he gave that student a pass to skip the next test and get an automatic A (note: my friend would have aced it anyways). Why? For years, in front of thousands of students, the professor had used the capybara in examples and no one ever had the balls to ask what a capybara was.

Maybe, just maybe, your professor is waiting for someone to do the same.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: dullard

I had a freshman level physics course with a professor who was a bit odd. He'd fill his lectures with strange examples and lab tests usually involving flinging his body off of objects. One day, we had a lecture about gravity, acceleration, and velocity. In the example, there was a capybara in a tree that was going to fall. He spent ~30 minutes on this example, and not one person spoke a word (large lecture hall). Finally, right at the end of the class, my friend raised his hand and asked "what is a capybara?" The professor was so pleased he gave that student a pass to skip the next test and get an automatic A (note: my friend would have aced it anyways). Why? For years, in front of thousands of students, the professor had used the capybara in examples and no one ever had the balls to ask what a capybara was.

or maybe, like me, many of the students already knew what it was. That's a stupid example if true. Not a very good teacher if he gives people an A for no reason.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
or maybe, like me, many of the students already knew what it was. That's a stupid example if true. Not a very good teacher if he gives people an A for no reason.
The vast majority of people didn't know what a capybara was. There was a reason - a student wanted to learn more and sought out the education. That is what a good professor wants most and professors should encourage that type of behavior and interaction. It didn't affect the grade at all because he would have aced it anyways.

How many people here know what a fact cenaio is?

bobsmith1492

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2004
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats

Ya, I know what a capybara is... they have them at the local zoo - basically an overgrown beaver with no tail.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

That's a good story, but not the case according to the third post in this thread. :)

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001

Maybe more people than the professor thinks knows what a capybara is. I would have known and thought nothing of it. But then again I did live in Brazil for a few years so maybe i'd be the exception to the rule.

Jun 14, 2003
better than your prof telling just one student merely 2 hours before the final exam that he's gone and completely changed the exam format.

thankfully i knew my stuff and did ok. but alot of people who struggled with it didnt.

it used to have 2 sections, A and B, you had to answer all Q's in A and 2 out of 4 in B. so those strugglers were banking on leaving out certain, more difficult topics, and just concentrating on the easier ones or the ones they had less trouble with. (alot of exams are done like this to help fit them in to the exam time slots, they generally cover everything taught non-the less though)

i have never seen so many heads drop into a pair of hands ever when they turned the exam paper over to see "ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS"

the dude wrote the damn paper months in advance yet failed to make any of us aware until the day of the exam when he let slip to the head of the student committy that he had changes the exam format.

Hammerhead

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2001

Seeing a pattern here?

Can we get the context?

Cenaio. The other white meat.