Prodeus is the best Doom 1993 game

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
FPS fanatics, i am playing Prodeus and you should too.

Basically it's that old Doom, with lots of dodging and you being ridiculously overpowered, while being surrounded by hordes of mobs. And you massacre them.

When it comes to massacre, i would say that Doom 2016 is a 7/10 massacres, and Prodeus is a solid 10/10 massacres. Lots and lots of massacring. And if you've played Quake or Doom you can pick this up immediately and start crushing mobs, finding secrets, and jumping lava.
It's got weapon reloading, but in less than 30 seconds you'll see it more as a game mechanic than as an annoyance.

Play Prodeus - you mouse will thank you.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I checked some footage, but I couldn't look at it for too long due to the screen shaking; it's too much for me (provoking some motion sickness).

Is there any in-game option to turn it Off? If so I might put this one on my Wishlist for some time and I'll keep an eye for it.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
I checked some footage, but I couldn't look at it for too long due to the screen shaking; it's too much for me (provoking some motion sickness).

Is there any in-game option to turn it Off? If so I might put this one on my Wishlist for some time and I'll keep an eye for it.
uh no, there is no screen shake. I'm not sure what videos you watched but neither your shooting or you being hit causes shaking, nor is there head-bob.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
o_O

The first preview video on the Steam page of the game is what I watched, it lasts 1 minute 13 seconds.

There is screen shaking, seen at various moments: 0:10, 0:14, 0:17 to 0:18, 0:27 to 0:28, 0:41 ...

I mean, it's just very common. I don't hallucinate screen shake, I've played video games for 30 years of my life, I know what I'm talking about. It's either that, or the person who was playing while recording those clips to promote the game manually shook the mouse to simulate screen shaking, which of course no one would ever bother doing for the sake of simulating screen shaking. I wouldn't have asked about this if it there had been no screen shaking involved.

I develop motion sickness in some (limited, handful) games when the screen shaking is too frequent or too intensive, it's important for me to have a toggle in a game's options to turn that Off whenever I feel that sickness kicking in, otherwise I just physically can't play such games for more than maybe 10 minutes before I feel ill and upside down for the following hour or two.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
Just saying but humble has a boomer shooter bundle with a bunch of old school but new doom clone games, runs for another 10 days.
(You also get a 10% off prodeus coupon. )

Reactions: nakedfrog