Processor won't go into socket?

omega329

Mar 6, 2011
Edited -
Okay, well everything seems to be running, my temps @ bios(uefi) are around 60-62 and 40ish @ idle running windows 7 with stock heatsink, I am not going to stress the machine until I get the cm 212+, I may RAM tests, but these should be non cpu intensive correct?
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Last edited:

dakU7

Sep 15, 2010
It shouldn't close smoothly, you need to apply a little force. Just make sure the CPU is seated properly.

omega329

Mar 6, 2011
It shouldn't close smoothly, you need to apply a little force. Just make sure the CPU is seated properly.

The cpu notches are 100% lined up and they seem to be lined up with the top of the cpu's pcb (or green part), but I can see gold from looking under it, I will upload a picture in a minute. (just don't want to get this wrong)

Drsignguy

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
The bracket will have some resistance to it. Just make sure you have the notches aligned correctly, lower the arm and secure it to its lock. Makes a firm contact with the mobo. Oh and relax :)

omega329

Mar 6, 2011
The bracket will have some resistance to it. Just make sure you have the notches aligned correctly, lower the arm and secure it to its lock. Makes a firm contact with the mobo. Oh and relax :)

Thanks, gave me the confidence I needed, the stock heatsink (temp) was a pain to get on, will test this out when my graphics card gets in tomorrow.

betasub

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2006
It will make a crunching sound.

This. Putting sufficient force on the lever to get pins in the socket to bite into the new processor's pads usually leads to a disconcerting cruch noise. But fear not: you have succeeded!

Be sure to post back with your CPU temps when you get it up & running.

omega329

Mar 6, 2011
Okay, well everything seems to be running, my temps @ bios(uefi) are around 60-62 and 40ish @ idle running windows 7 with stock heatsink, I am not going to stress the machine until I get the cm 212+, I may RAM tests, but these should be non cpu intensive correct?