Problems with Windows Update. Is it just me?

BoomAM

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2001
Hi,
Ive been trying since last night to Download and install the below updates, but they wont update, sometimes they will fully download then say that theirs a error, sometimes will half download and then say there an error. Whats up. Are the MS servers busy or something?

816093: Security Update for Microsoft Virtual Machine <--- What is this anyway?
Microsoft .net framwork v1.1

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I installed that update on two of my computers yesterday, all I can think of is try disabling anti-virus and other non-essential programs while it`s downloading and trying to install.

tkistre

Apr 24, 2001
Although I did not have any problems downloading the updates you speak of, I do know recently (twice in the last 2 months) MS servers may be overloaded or having maintenence being done on them. I build computers on the side and had trouble updating Windows files a couple of times. Tried back the next day and went flawless. Good luck!

gilgamish

Dec 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Mem
I installed that update on two of my computers yesterday, all I can think of is try disabling anti-virus and other non-essential programs while it`s downloading and trying to install.

if this doesnt work out, try running a registry cleaner such as Fix It.
i used it when i encountered a similar problem.
broken links could make update problems

BoomAM

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2001
Hi again.
Ive just tryed it again, and it now works fine. Thanks for the input anyway guys/gals.