Question Problems with Ryzen 5 2400g build

Finit

Feb 17, 2019
Hey guys,

I've been working and gaming on my Ryzen 5 2400g build since October 2018 and witnessed serveral weird problems since then, which even got worse throughout the time. (Like weird greenscreens when watching videos, disappearing courser when touching the upper edge of the screen or complete freeces of a program or even the whole system and I had to force a shutdown) I've tried many things, like changing RAM speed and timings, but nothing really worked for the long term.

After I checked again on the compability of all the components, I found that my former RAM isn't listed in the official compability list, so I thought changing that would solve the problem. But even after a reinstallation of Windows 10, nothing changed at all.

For now I really dont have a clue at all what I can do to fix this problem, nor which part of my build may be defect.

My build so far:
MB: GIGABYTE B450 Aorus M
CPU/ APU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400g
RAM: HyperX Predator 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 (HX432C16PB3K2/16)
former RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB)
NVMe SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 32Gb/s 3D-NAND TLC (MZ-V7E250BW)
HDD: Seagate 1TB (ST1000DM003-1CH162)
PSU: bequiet! Pure Power 10 600W CM (L10-CM-600W)

I'd be very thankfull to get any tips to finally solve this goddamn problem.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Check that no overclocking is going on?

Run memtest 7.4 until it's done it's four passes and gives the all-clear? +1 update suggestions.

Finit

Feb 17, 2019
Have you updated the BIOS? You might need to tweak your Vsoc to 1.1V.

Yes, I did update the BIOS twice via @Bios from Gigabyte. Once back then and now the version F5. Actually I dont know how to tweak the VSOC Voltage to 1.1V in Bios. It's always set to auto, but if I open Ryzen Master I can change the value. Unfortunatly it didn't change anything.

Finit

Feb 17, 2019
Check that no overclocking is going on?

Run memtest 7.4 until it's done it's four passes and gives the all-clear? +1 update suggestions.

That's a new one. I tried it yesterday. After booting the program from a stick and one and a half hour of testing it didn't detect any problem. I was really frustrated, because it finally seamed to be a new opportunity.

Flayed

Nov 30, 2016
Okay, very interesting! I was able to run Windows in safe mode and as far as I can tell the issue was gone there. What does this mean?
It means the cause of the problem is software such as a device driver. I would start by uninstalling your graphics driver and reinstalling it. I would then disable all the items in the start up section of task manager. If that solves the problem enable them one at a time and reboot to see which one is the cause.