Problem with USB printer on ASUS P4P800 Deluxe.

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
:confused:

I'm scratching my head over this one...

I can use my USB ports for several different devices (The Claw for gaming, memory pens, an APC UPS, etc), however I cannot get it to recognize my HP Photosmart 7350 printer. At all, no matter what I do. Plugging in the printer brings no response from the system, not the "new hardware found" or even an hourglass on the mouse pointer indicating activity of some kind.

I have WinXP Pro SP2 installed with all other updates, have tried loading the HP software, but when it asks for the printer to be plugged in, it simply stalls and never finds the printer. I also cannot detect the printer through the standard "printers and faxes" tool.

I have tried updating my USB drivers with the Intel chipset instructions utility but it says my current drivers are already up-to-date and does not replace/update them.

I know it's not the printer or cable, as this printer/cable work fine on a USB port on my laptop (also with WinXP Pro SP2).

Anyone have similar problems or any suggestions for how to remedy this issue? I also notice that USB 2.0 memory pens will only function at 1.1 speeds, could this be related?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.