Problem With Our New Dog - Any Suggestions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: d3lta
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Chelsey
I suggest some classes with a dog trainer to help her get over the aggression.
:thumbsup:

:thumbsdown:
waste of money
your opinion. which doesn't make it right.

obedience classes do work because professionals know more than amateurs.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: d3lta
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Chelsey
I suggest some classes with a dog trainer to help her get over the aggression.
:thumbsup:

:thumbsdown:
waste of money

Bah - No offense, but I openly scoff at your suggestion that this is a waste of money. I've been through several training classes with my dog, and the only people who are wasting their money are the ones who expect the trainer to actually train the dog. The trainer's job is to teach the dog's owner how to train the dog. If the owner doesn't commit the daily time required to work with the dog, then the money might as well have been flushed. Otherwise, training classes are never a waste of money because if nothing else they implant in the dog's mind that the owner is the boss of their "pack".

JetsFanatic

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2001
www.wharffrat.com
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Get one of those trainer collars with a remote control. When you see her doing it, zap the collar. This will take some dedication from you to watch for the dog to do this, so maybe let the dog out and sit on a chair or something, and watch for the behavior.

Some people don't like shock collars, but I find them very effective, plus the dog doesn't become afraid of you for yelling at her all the time. The shock they produce kind of feels along the same lines as sticking your tongue on a 9V battery, so no biggie there either.

Give it a try.

These work GREAT!