Problem with IT7 MB and 1.8a - UPDATED**FIXED

txgixer

Jun 12, 2002
I have been successfully running my 1.8a at 2.52.

I installed a Swiftech MXC-478 HS and Panaflo fan last night with Artic SIlver III to lowers temps further. It was getting late. At 1.8 it works flawlessly. However, when going back to 2.52 the machine will post but will not load the OS (Win XP). When the splash screen shows, the whole setup loses power. It is like the plug was jerked from the PS. Sometimes it occurs right afters post, and others times right as the XP splash shows.

Any ideas?

I have tried a new Antec True 430 PS and same results. I am leaning towards the processor. Before I have one sent over night, any suggestions.

Thanks

edit: System Temp is 33 and CPU is 46 idle and 53 under load, that is at 1.8

txgixer

Jun 12, 2002
Update:
Returned all of the OEM stuff (HS and fan) back into the case and now 1.8a is not stable.

I guess it is time to replace this month old MB and processor. I am out of ideas as to what would cause the PC to completely lose power right after POST or after the OS loads the splash screen.

Ugggh, irritated.

CoDerEd

Jul 10, 2001
did you set up the Vcore?
about the power loss make sure you have set up for automatically restart
on the system failure at startup and recovery. if it was set up and you already up the vcore,
i think it's your psu that you should check first. i think and i hope the mobo and cpu is not
the problem.

gluck

txgixer

Jun 12, 2002
Installed new Antec True 550 PSU
New Intel P4 1.8a
New Abit IT-7 MB
New GF4 4600
New (512-MB) Samsung 2700 DDR RAM

This should fix it this afternoon. :)