Problem with framerate stuttering in Vista

RockGuitarDude

Apr 15, 2004
I am running a Dell E1705 laptop with a core 2 duo @ 2ghz, 2gb ram, and nvidia 7900gs go. I am noticing when I run games such as WoW that although it says I'm getting 60 FPS that the screen looks as if it is stuttering almost at 15 FPS. My friend has the exact same system (same options and everything) but running XP and he does not get any of this stuttering. Also I noticed it gets worse if I don't have all windows minimized (besides WoW) even if they are behind WoW (which is maximized).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RockGuitarDude
I am running a Dell E1705 laptop with a core 2 duo @ 2ghz, 2gb ram, and nvidia 7900gs go. I am noticing when I run games such as WoW that although it says I'm getting 60 FPS that the screen looks as if it is stuttering almost at 15 FPS. My friend has the exact same system (same options and everything) but running XP and he does not get any of this stuttering. Also I noticed it gets worse if I don't have all windows minimized (besides WoW) even if they are behind WoW (which is maximized).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What is saying you're getting 60fps...WoW itself? I've never seen a game that wasnt running as fast as it says it was.

RockGuitarDude

Apr 15, 2004
WoW itself shows 60 fps, but the frame rate isn't smooth. My friend has the same computer and his is super smooth same framerate.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
people say if you disable the transparency effect, game performance increases noticeably.

RockGuitarDude

Apr 15, 2004
Yeah I'm running in windowed. Like I said though, I run an identical setup to my friend minus the OS and he gets no problems. He might have it in non-windowed but I'm not sure. Which transparency effect was hdeck referring to?

Thanks for the responses btw!