Problem With DDNS

deeepak

Dec 2, 2013
Hi all valued members!

I am using Asus DSL N12u B1 with a 3g Usb Dongle (Micromax MMX 352G)

my DSL is acting as a router in this configuration.

I can successfully browse internet but whenever I try to register for DDNS service from the router configuration page,

router says:
"The Wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address.
This router may be in the multiple NAT envionment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment"

I also checked the WAN IP in the router and it was 100.XXX.XXX.XXX and not a private IP.

But when I checked with whatismyip.com it was showing my ip as 106.XXX.XXX.XXX
I am not able to access my public IP(106.XXX.XXX.XXX) from another network also.

please provide me some inputs so that i can resolve this problem.

SecurityTheatre

Aug 14, 2011
You are clearly behind some sort of NAT if your WAN interface is 100. and your actual public IP is 106.

Is your DSL router getting the 106.x.x.x address?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
Your Asus device is a combo Modem Router.

You WAN Interment feed is a 3g Wireless USB Dongle.

The way such system works is Not the regular DSL/Cable standard

Under this condition whatever you get is a Blessing, I am not sure that you have other options.

:cool:

SecurityTheatre

Aug 14, 2011
Your Asus device is a combo Modem Router.

You WAN Interment feed is a 3g Wireless USB Dongle.

The way such system works is Not the regular DSL/Cable standard

Under this condition whatever you get is a Blessing, I am not sure that you have other options.

:cool:

OHHHHH. I read that wrong. Many 3g networks do a bunch of internal NAT stuff. You won't get a server or port forward through that kind of setup. There is no way to initiate inbound connections at all to a 3g device on most networks.

Conclusion: What you are trying to do is impossible.

You need to get a new ISP. :)

TheCrackLing

Feb 11, 2013
The 100.64.0.0/10(that is 100.64-127.*.*) IP block is actually additional private space.

CDMA/HSPA/LTE is most likely not going to give you anything but private space unless you pay for a higher grade of service, which means you're behind a Carrier NAT, which is the purpose of the 100.64.0.0/10 space.