PROBLEM with a LAPTOP

sgtbehymer

Mar 28, 2000
try to find new hardware for 3com modem: ERROR: windows was unable to add this modem (although I have the software and drivers for it)

try to upgrade to win98: ERROR: THE AUTORUN.EXE file is linked to missing export USER32.DLL ( I then click O.K.) at which point I get the same error, I click O.K. again ERROR: D:\ A DIVICE ATTACHED TO THE SYSTEM IS NOT FUNCTIONING".

I am running win95 on a DELL LATITUDE XPI, external cdrom. It has a 1.2 hd/ and 40megs of ram. Any help? by the way I CANT LOAD ANYTHING!!!:disgust:

Phalkon

Banned
Aug 20, 2000
Your Win95 is messed
It sounds like you're missing file USER32.DLL, or its become corrupt, or Windows just doesn't feel like loading it.

In which case, I recommend you re-install Windows through DOS if you can.

sgtbehymer

Mar 28, 2000
Thanks for that info. I reinstalled win95 3 times, with 3 different copies. Same problem each time. Just don't understand it!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
get a copy of win98SE at LEAST. format your HDD and install win98 from boot disk with all your hardware in the machine. if this doesn't work then i would say that you've got a bad HDD or MOBO in which case you should call dell.

Phalkon

Banned
Aug 20, 2000
Get your CDROM going in DOS,
boot to DOS by holding F8 and selecting whatever it is you select to get to DOS,
Start Setup on the CDROM from DOS

Doing any setup from Windows isn't going to work because you don't have that USER32.dll file.

sgtbehymer

Mar 28, 2000
Ha, if I could afford a NEW laptop, I wouldn't have bought a P133!!! But,thanks for the info anyway.
As for loading through DOS, the external cdrom will not work with dos only windows. Im going to send the cdroom back and get a backpack. It runs through the printer port.