Problem downloading / playing game!

jojester

Jan 26, 2011
So i found this new game that looked really fun and started to download it. The game is call A.V.A and it requires the "ijji" Reactor. SO i downloaded all of it and got really excited but then a message came up D:.....:'(

The message said " GPU Intel (R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family are not tested. You may experience some odd behavior."

Then my screen went black preparing for the game and there was odd behavior.. My screen only showed my cursor and a black screen.. no game! I had to press ctrl+alt+del to exit out of it.

Can someone help me with this error and tell me what it means, and how I can fix it to play this game!? I would really appreciate your help on this one and if you need any more information on my computer stats or anything like that, please tell me.:\

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Intel Graphics suck. That's the problem. Not going to work on your current Graphics.

jojester

Jan 26, 2011
can you recommend any games I could play for my current graphics and/or how to make my graphics better?

I already play a free game called urban terror.. Its pretty fun

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Please dont use such annoying text. It makes us think you're a spammer or shady character.

And ijji Reactor means nothing to me. What the hell are you talking about?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Probably can play older games, perhaps Half Life 2, maybe something newer. Don't really know though. Is that a Laptop or Desktop computer?

If a Desktop you may be able to Upgrade to a Video Card, otherwise you're out of luck.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
desktop how do i upgrade video card

You have to check if you have a PCI-e slot. If you have one, then you can Upgrade. More information about your PC would be useful as well, like CPU, RAM, maybe Brand/model.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
dont need to be rude... (to shorty..)

If you think thats rude you may have a hard time here. We have tons of spammers come in and they do crazy stuff. It got annoying after the first hundred or so.

You need to get a decent video card. Maybe......
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150482

That will be good for most games at medium to low settings. And a darn sight better than Integrated Intel.

jojester

Jan 26, 2011
Okay thanks, I not a spammer. I will assure you that. I'm just here to get help for my computer and try to help other people with their problems if I can.

I was just wondering if this video card any kind of side effects to your computer. Like, I know it can help your gaming, but can it harm anything like take up memory, space, etc.?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Oh.... It's $90. Don't have that kind of money right now.

Well, heres the thing, 90 bucks is cheap for an add-in video card. Many of us spend between 150 and 300 dollars on a video card, and we'll spend 100 dollars more than normal on a CPU thats just useful for gaming. So if thats a lot of money to you, I think you may wanna not get in to PC gaming just yet.

jojester

Jan 26, 2011
do you think my computer will let me download WoW?
and do u think deleting software on my computer will help me download more games, or is that not the problem?

Last edited:

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010
Download? Sure. Play? Most likely not.

You're pretty much stuck with games that came out pre 2005 at the latest or games that are not graphically intense at all.

jojester

Jan 26, 2011
WTF.. well i played the free trial for WoW. Does that mean ill be able to play full version.

Last edited:

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010
Perhaps next time you will check out what GPU your computer is using before you purchase.

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010
I meant before you purchase a computer you will check out the specs to make sure that you never purchase another onboard video card again.

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010
Did I ever call your age into question? Age has nothing to do with computer knowledge.

You can't be the most computer savvy because you didn't know that graphically intense games don't work worth a crap with onboard graphics. Next time you'll (hopefully) use the information that you've learned to help you purchase a PC that you won't regret down the road.

Last edited:

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
Earlier you said not to be rude, hows this for rudeness, for every actual suggestion in this thread you have some smart-ass retort to it or shift direction away from your original problem. You aren't even trying to get the issue solved it seems like.

The original problem to the thread was how do I fix this issue with this game basically, when the game warned you of potential problem with your IGP. The easiest solution would be to download any newer drivers for your IGP and all game patches and if that doesn't fix it. You need to purchase a dedicated graphics card, which someone above suggested one but apparently is too expensive for you, so I guess your going to have to wait to play this game eh?

Now onto the pirated WOW, can you play it? I don't know can you? Compare the minimum specs required to your PC if you meet or exceed it barely you can but it probably won't be very good. If you have issues beyond that ----> google is that way. (alright fine I'll help a bit more... http://systemrequirementslab.com)

Other little issues I have with this thread...

Now your contradicting yourself from your OP where you explain you got a message exclaiming issues with your IGP with some game no on has heard of apparently and someone said next time you should read the specs before you purchase the computer, and now you say you haven't bought it yet?

...and for your age not old enough apparently, coming on here making an OP with such annoying looking text (which probably would have been cool if we all were like 12.) Now your asking us if you can play downloaded WOW. Uh, we aren't supposed to help anyone or anything that asks for help with pirated games.

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
I think you need to go to general hardware and ask around for basics there. This really is a bad place to learn about that kind of thing. Pretty hostile in here.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
WTF.. well i played the free trial for WoW. Does that mean ill be able to play full version.

Yup, for that one game the demo and full version requirements are the same.
Be careful, I've played some demos that had slightly different requirements than the full version. Annoying.

Did WoW seem smooth to you? Cuz I would have thought with your system it wouldnt look very good. But if you're happy with the performance and you like the game, I say go for it.