Probably YMMV, Klipsch Promedia GMX 5.1 for 199.99 at Best Buy

kef7

Diamond Member
May 11, 2001
Not sure if this is nationwide but the local Best Buy had a clearance tag next to the Promedia GMX 5.1 speakers; $199.99.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I saw these at BB last week with a $250 clearance tag. I was temped to get them until I found them online for about the same price including shipping (and no tax). I also found complaints about this unit at places like Newegg.

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Lanyap
I saw these at BB last week with a $250 clearance tag. I was temped to get them until I found them online for about the same price including shipping (and no tax). I also found complaints about this unit at places like Newegg.

just got back from BB and they had it for $250 there as well.

JHeiderman

Jan 29, 2002
I almost jumped on a set of these but since they don't have 5.1 analog inputs they are pretty much useless for anything other than an XBox/PS2 for gaming. Sucks too since we still have two sets of these at my store and I wanted to pick up a set of 5.1 speakers with a Philips soundcard. Bummer that they are pretty much worthless for any pc with a decent sound card with EAX support or 5.1 out like my Philips.

- J

Antagon3

Aug 16, 2003
Originally posted by: JHeiderman
I almost jumped on a set of these but since they don't have 5.1 analog inputs they are pretty much useless for anything other than an XBox/PS2 for gaming. Sucks too since we still have two sets of these at my store and I wanted to pick up a set of 5.1 speakers with a Philips soundcard. Bummer that they are pretty much worthless for any pc with a decent sound card with EAX support or 5.1 out like my Philips.

- J

What are you talking about? They have analog, and both digital outputs, unless you mean 6 seperate analog outputs, in which case its just stupid, since you cant get dolby digital out of analog anyways, just the same sound out of each speaker on either side (l/r).

These would be great with anything that uses digital out, many computers, sound cards, dvd players, and video game systems do.

JHeiderman

Jan 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Antagon3
Originally posted by: JHeiderman

- J

What are you talking about? They have analog, and both digital outputs, unless you mean 6 seperate analog outputs, in which case its just stupid, since you cant get dolby digital out of analog anyways, just the same sound out of each speaker on either side (l/r).

These would be great with anything that uses digital out, many computers, sound cards, dvd players, and video game systems do.

I mean't exactly what I said. The speakers do NOT accept 5.1 channels of analog INPUT. The INPUTs are a single 2 channel analog in and 2 digital ins. It will not accept 5.1 channel analog in's and the digital inputs of the speakers only recognize dobly digital signals so if your games use EAX,EAX-HD,A3D, or a Philips soundcard that can output audio in a 5.1 signal they aren't going to hook up to these speakers.

Bottom line: The speakers only will play back Dolby Digital signals through it's digital inputs (and 2 channel stereo of course) AND 2 channel analog and that is it. They will NOT accept any analog inputs of multichannel audio that every consumer soundcard outputs for playback of multichannel EAX type sound formats.

- J

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Antagon3
bestbuy.com has em for 199 as well, free shipping!
You're right, they are on bestbuy.com for $199 __HERE__. They will probably ring up at that price at the B&M. Shelf tag must not be current.

PinchyCM

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2003
these speakers aren't good. for the 200 bucks, i'd rather spend it on a 2.1 / 4.1 promedia set instead.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Thats a decent deal for those speakers though they are only rated at a 100 watts which is rather weak. My logitech z560's are rated at 400 watts and were only 130 bucks.