Printing my own checks-> Do i need special paper, or will plain printer paper work?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Is $10-20 for checks REALLY worth the complications and security risk of printing your own checks?

I'd think less about someone thinking they are fraudulent and more about what if someone got ahold of the file you print them from.

This. Go to one of the hot deals type forums and search for check printing threads. The last time I got mine I got 200 checks from Checks In The Mail and I'm sure the cost was closer to $5 than $10. Between my business and my personal (joint) account I doubt I write more than two dozen checks a year (and probably 20 of those are for the business).

Sattern

Jul 20, 2014
Skylercompany.com
You can use regular paper, but I would suggest you go to the bank and ask them to give you a stack of a couple dozen pre-made checks that are bound to your account.

They are much easier and generally you have less of a hassle making them look authentic.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
This. Go to one of the hot deals type forums and search for check printing threads. The last time I got mine I got 200 checks from Checks In The Mail and I'm sure the cost was closer to $5 than $10. Between my business and my personal (joint) account I doubt I write more than two dozen checks a year (and probably 20 of those are for the business).

Why did you revive a retarded Jedi thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.