Printing equations from Word 2007 documents

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Edit: Solved. (new drivers helped.)

Ugh, I'm going nuts. I've sent in a help request to our tech department, but it's been a few days and they don't seem to have solved my problem:

If I create documents in Word 2007 and print them on an hp laserjet 1200series printer, all the equations simply come out as garbage. I searched a bit online and only see a reference to someone having the same problem late in 2006. Didn't seem to be any advice from Microsoft for from HP regarding the problem, but I can't believe I'm only the 2nd person to run across this problem.

I've tried different computers with the same model of printer; it's the same on all of them (WinXP is the OS) (I'm in a high school with dozens of computers to choose from, most of which have the same brand of printer attached.) The problem doesn't exist with the other printers I can print to - I can send the print job elsewhere and it prints just fine on non-1200 printers. Of course, that's not really an option since I don't want to walk half-way across the school to pick something up, especially if it should suddenly be needed for my class.

Also, I can "get by" using the compatibility mode, but unfortunately, if I save them to 2003 documents (.doc instead of .docx), then it converts my equations to pictures, which look worse after being printed. Furthermore, I have to save before converting, and save the document in each format. Else, I can't edit equations once they're converted to pictures.

I've just begun playing with some different drivers, but so far have been unsuccessful in my limited attempt. As the tech gurus at our school haven't solved the problem yet, I'd like to get it solved as quickly as possible - it's pretty tough being a math teacher and not being able to edit and print equations.

Anyone have any tips?? Thanks much,
DrPizza