Printer prints empty pages on black in cartridge

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
My canon BJC-3000 is printing empty pages when I print in black. Everything works like normal and acts like normal. Doesn't give me any empty cartridge warnings or anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Techie333
How do I clean it out then? Thanks.

Run the software that is included with the printer, or dl from canon.com. Should have a routine that can clean the printhead. If that doesn't work, you will probably have to buy a new one. (printhead, that is)

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Printer properties. Should be something in there to clean the heads. If the head is clogged badly toss it.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001

Get some HOT water and stick the nozzle of the catridge in the water (just barely submerged). Wave it around for 20 seconds, then clean it off with some tissue paper (lightly).

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: XZeroII

Get some HOT water and stick the nozzle of the catridge in the water (just barely submerged). Wave it around for 20 seconds, then clean it off with some tissue paper (lightly).

Do Canon's have print heads on the cartridge?

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: NutBucket

My Canon has a separate printhead, so it isn't replace with each cartridge change.

If you can't clean the printhead, time for a new printer the printhead's aren't cheap.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Bootprint

My Canon has a separate printhead, so it isn't replace with each cartridge change.

If you can't clean the printhead, time for a new printer the printhead's aren't cheap.

Yeah. There's a reason not to buy Canon. Non-replaceable print heads are not a good idea IMHO.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Bootprint

Yeah. There's a reason not to buy Canon. Non-replaceable print heads are not a good idea IMHO.

You can replace the printheads, it's just not cheap. I perfer the cheaper inks. It's just a good idea to print something everyweek to prevent the clogged heads.

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Thanks for your replies and suggestions. I tried the HOT water thing and then I tried the q-tip alcohol cleaning, but no luck. Looks like I'll have to replace the printhead, or find a new printer. Thanks.