Printer or scanner/copier/printer machine with CHEAP ink

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
My sister is looking to replace her POS Lexmark,

normally, for printer, I would recommend Canon S320/550/750/i550,i750, etc.. the ones with 10$ authentic/2$ generic cartridges .... however, the Fry's rep told me Canon stopped making those models... then I would pair it with a cheap Canon scanner for copying/scanning functions

I looked at all-in-1 models, both HP and Canons because both are known for reliability and cheap ink, and they all seem to now use expensive cartridges with the chip on them

are there either just reliable printers with cheap ink out there, or all-in-1 machines with cheap ink?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Any Toner is cheaper than all the inks.
If you really wanna save money over the long run, get a low-end multi-function laser.
HP has quite a few, so does Lexmark (lexmark lasers arent too bad) and cannon.
Brother too I think.

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
. You can still find Canon iP3000 or iP4000 printers out there - the iP3000 has been selling for around $50 AR and the iP4000 has gone for under $100. AR. These are the last Canons to use the old-style ink tanks. I've also seen plenty of them "New In Box" on eBay at reasonable prices. Just ask the seller for a copy of his original receipt/invoice so you can enforce the warranty if needed. You got it as a gift from old Uncle what's his (name on receipt), right??? But don't wait, the supply of the old models is drying up fast now that word of the new tanks has gotten around.

.bh.

cockeyed

Dec 8, 2000
Take a look at the Canon MP780 all-in-one or its equivilant without the fax. It has 5 seperate catridges that can be bought from various web stores for about $4 each.