Prince was TALENTED

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I thought it went on too long... But then again I couldnt care less about the whole Super Bowl thing anyways. I was just at a party for the food and beer.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
My wife and I both were impressed by his performance. When I heard Prince was playing the half-time show, I wasn't surprised, but didn't expect the show to be so good.

Last year's show with the rolling stones was a disappointment. This is the best half-time show in years.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: spidey07
Originally posted by: Citrix
He has always been very talented. Watching him with a guitar reminds you just how good he is. I'd put him in the top 30 greatest guitar players out there.

he wasnt playing last night.

You sure? Near the end he lost his guitar (electrical our sound problems was my guess). So it seemed live to me.

It was live.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: jjsole
It was live.

I thought so. We had it crankin in the theater and it sounded VERY good. Everybody just kept saying "wow, I forgot how awesome he is with a guitar".

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
It was live.

I thought so. We had it crankin in the theater and it sounded VERY good. Everybody just kept saying "wow, I forgot how awesome he is with a guitar".
I will never claim to be an expert with a guitar but there were several times where there were a large number of notes that I couldn't account for. He also somehow managed to use his whammy bar when it was nowhere near his hand.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
It appeared as he was playing the entire time. The opening parts of Lets Go Crazy; he should have been playing, but the guitar was away from his body.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: BornStar18
It was live.

I will never claim to be an expert with a guitar but there were several times where there were a large number of notes that I couldn't account for. He also somehow managed to use his whammy bar when it was nowhere near his hand.

There are many ways you can bend a note without using a whammy bar. Besides, I've rarely seen him with a guitar with a whammy bar.

But yeah, he's talented, lets see you performing live in the rain with a wireless guitar, with 6 inch heels on. :p What I'm wondering is what kinda make-ups he was using, because they don't run at all.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: SSSnail
Originally posted by: BornStar18
It was live.

There are many ways you can bend a note without using a whammy bar. Besides, I've rarely seen him with a guitar with a whammy bar.

But yeah, he's talented, lets see you performing live in the rain with a wireless guitar, with 6 inch heels on. :p What I'm wondering is what kinda make-ups he was using, because they don't run at all.
I brought that up specifically because he played the same passage essentially three times, the first and third time with the whammy bar and the second time with a futile grab for it but he didn't get there in time. He had similar moments throughout halftime.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I was really bored hearing all of his classic tunes. I would have liked to hear some riffs from his new album.
Though, he always puts on a good show.

M2008S

Jan 4, 2006
talented? the **** solos and the queen songs and foo fighters? original material?

i think it was a load of bull**** but i understand you all are entitled to your own opinions.