Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time free on Uplay

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
To celebrate Ubisoft's 30th anniversary, The Ubisoft Club is offering you seven digital PC games. Every month a new game will be revealed and free to download. Then its yours to keep!
Hurry up, the game is available for a limited time. Just register here with your Uplay account.
https://club.ubi.com/#!/en-GB/ubi30

Yes, you need a uplay account to play this game.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hmm, thanks.

I think I have a UPlay account--they were needed to play install some games like AC2, right?

I'll maybe check this out. Never played the updated PoP series and I'm curious about the next free games...though always wary of anything Ubisoft, tbh.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Hmm, thanks.

I think I have a UPlay account--they were needed to play install some games like AC2, right?

I'll maybe check this out. Never played the updated PoP series and I'm curious about the next free games...though always wary of anything Ubisoft, tbh.

Yes....I think we had to create one for the AC games. I just took a random guess and sure enough...logged in and got the game.

Sands of Time is considered one of the better PoP titles. I enjoyed it.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Sands of Time is a great game, highly recommend it. You'll most likely be happier playing with a controller however.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Sands of Time is a great game, highly recommend it. You'll most likely be happier playing with a controller however.

Yup. But know this: Ubisoft are lazy and their controller support is weak when it comes to games they've ported from consoles. So be prepared for some configuration work if you do use a controller.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I got the game, and look forward to seeing what else they put up on offer.

However, it will not be until after the Anniversary update (W10) that I will try anything on uPlay. I have an Xbox One controller with wireless receiver, and uPlay games wreak havoc on your system when you're done with the game.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Yup. But know this: Ubisoft are lazy and their controller support is weak when it comes to games they've ported from consoles. So be prepared for some configuration work if you do use a controller.

I've played a lot of Ubisoft titles on PC and all of them in the past few years have had native controller support on day 1 with no configuration necessary. Maybe this game is different, but it's not a problem with ubisoft in general.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
I've played a lot of Ubisoft titles on PC and all of them in the past few years have had native controller support on day 1 with no configuration necessary. Maybe this game is different, but it's not a problem with ubisoft in general.

the game is from 2003... back then it was a mess without a "standard" controller which is what the xbox 360 controller became, so expecting a good default controller scheme for newer gamepads is probably not all that realistic

I was actually expecting it to have a few issues and run in DX8, but it's actually DX9 and worked perfectly fine here on win10 x64,
the only thing that might be a problem for some is that the game is made just for 4:3 aspect ratio.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
the game is from 2003... back then it was a mess without a "standard" controller which is what the xbox 360 controller became, so expecting a good default controller scheme for newer gamepads is probably not all that realistic

I was actually expecting it to have a few issues and run in DX8, but it's actually DX9 and worked perfectly fine here on win10 x64,
the only thing that might be a problem for some is that the game is made just for 4:3 aspect ratio.

There maybe a widescreen hack available. I've used those in the past for other titles.